Finally the elusive 47mpg city

mtb9153

Dude your going to get there but that is NOT a far driven distance, check this one out and yes I drove from Belair MD back to my home in Kensington MD with one stop in between to see a client after I gassed up.

Keep it up and this was done in Feb when it was still cold out here :)

post-696-0-69503600-1364572363_thumb.jpg

I'm happy to report with much coaching from Jus-A-Cmax I finally saw the number 47 appear on my trip summary screen.  But not before I did allot of very careful and deliberate driving and braking to realize it.  Thanks again for the informative tips.

75026_471812736200360_2053509174_n.jpg

By the way,  I did not give you an F and I did not coach you...what you did here is through your own self perseverance, motivation, thinking and finally your own action - well done MTB! Pretty soon you will have some 50s come in!!!

One of the things I want to emphasize to you and others - choosing your route and being an "expert" on the route makes a BIG difference, as much as 7 MPGs! For my example, and those who live around Simi Valley / Thousand Oaks know this intimately, there is a 23 and then the 118 curvature - most of this freeway is climbing a high hill and then levels out just before Madera (heaing east).

Now, instead of taking the 23-118 curve - I decided to short cut from Olsen Rd (bottom of map) to Madera and then cut back to 118. I had less hills to climb (around Olsen only) but I took advantage of the terrain on Madera Rd for the downgrade slope of this longer road. Sure I added slightly more time to the drive but I was not in a hurry, hardly any traffic even at PEAK hour and it was a very lazy drive. Compare this against the 23-118 route were this is a bigger hill climb after the curvature - waste more gas < MPGs.

8599837397_014ef64a20_c.jpg

So keep it up MTB....and congratulations again  :)

Dude your going to get there but that is NOT a far driven distance, check this one out and yes I drove from Belair MD back to my home in Kensington MD with one stop in between to see a client after I gassed up.

Keep it up and this was done in Feb when it was still cold out here :)

WOW! very impressive, 99% and all those EV miles.  Very Nice.