Jus what I see....

Jus-A-CMax

Jus thought I would share some pictures taken whilst I am travelling around the "northern" part of SoCal. There are some spectacular and picturesque scenery as you will all agree. I've also thrown up some "oddity" pictures for your amusement.

Candy for the eyes and some  :)  thrown in for free...

This is Simi Valley taken from Box Canyon. As some older posters would know, I highly recommend Box Canyon as a run to take your CMax - its a fun, tight curvy all EV trip down...

8602694782_168f691d6f_b.jpg

Ventura Beach. I do some beach houses there, some spectacular places and ocean scenery, worth a bit of money...
8601595463_0b43defbf8_b.jpg

More Ventura Beach...
8602694922_5ebd529700_b.jpg

Yes, thats a quad level house on Las Flores Canyon, Malibu....looks like a castle from the distance. It really looks odd when you travel up this Canyon Rd....but hey, you're looking at a multi million house there.
8602694960_c3c5bfa7f7_b.jpg

Malibu Beach, along the Pacific Coast Highway aka PCH. Spectacular beach scenery, wildly expensive real estate....
8602695002_38afd24755_b.jpg

Malibu, PCH on left...
8601595789_5bee4fb7c5_b.jpg

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I found this lil beauty on the road one day....it's a custom matt black paint Smart Car. Sometimes I ask myself why bother...wouldn't a skateboard be better?

8601595849_240198aaac_b.jpg[/url]

Taken in Camarillo off one of the farmlands...it was spectacular!!!!
8602695328_c37a641407_b.jpg

View of the San Fernando valley, taken from Encino Hills....how would you like to wake up to a view like this every morning?

8601596065_fdbc3e6e70_b.jpg

Thats it for now...more to come later...enjoy  :)
Edited by Jus-A-CMax

"48.4"!!! :drool:

Yea I was surprised too!  It could be a little less because we traveled either 35 or 50 miles after taking down the mileage.  I went with 50 miles because that stuck in  my mind but we'll go with the averages after a few more fill ups.   :drop:

This is not something you would see too often...but I spotted this on the PCH one morning...

8614972145_91eba37ff8_b.jpg

Yes, that is a VERY, VERY expensive BRAND NEW Bentley (u can tell by the dealer plate) with a wind surfer strapped to the top. One would think this person could afford a SUV to carry his toy...but oh no....had to strap it to his Bentley convertible. By the way, this is another custom as well - note the matt black finish.

For those who are not SoCal...

8616077580_8d258b0b91_b.jpg

Took this a few days ago when CHP totally shut down the 118 freeway due to 2 fatalities at 3:30 AM (at that time one could speculate alcohol or lack of sleep but the former is probably true) and diverted everyone down to the 405 south.

I snapped this as I was coming down the 118 overpass ramp down to the 405...then the picture struck me...I do love the flow of the bridge and all and the traffic building up...pity I could not enjoy it as I stewed in the car...total chaos that morning... :nonono:

• 2 weeks later...
Someone wanted a pic of my Maxine in the shot...so here it is....valley in the distance is Simi.

8645112562_8e9d3d1189_b.jpg

This is the Getty Villa, from the Pacific Coast Highway aka PCH. Funny enough I have never been there but I heard it is FABULOUS and INCREDIBLE. Gotta get a reservation to go there as its very limited parking - so don't forget if u intend to visit Los Angeles.

8644015941_918478ae47_b.jpg

Do Pigs fly? Especially the Pink Ones with glowing eyes.....they do exists!!!!! Box Canyon Special.

8645112506_c47b1af404_b.jpg[

Accident I saw today...2 cars collided and ran up the corner. I didn't see the actual collision but came probably about a 5 mins later....dang, its dangerous. Burbank, this afternoon as I was heading to Costco Burbank to fill up my Maxine running on fumes...literally.

8645112610_77e0daf009_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

This was taken on our last trip to Mammoth. Sadly the snow is going brown so its the last one where we lug our skis and snowboard - but - back to the photo. I noticed this as I was on the 395. I knew there was a storm over Lone Pine and we were still short of it and this spectacular sunset came into being....oh, for the locals, this was about 10 miles north of Fossil exit. This photo remind me of the scene out of the 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston when he's a shepard and he looks up and theres fire and dark cloud on Mount Sinai where the Almight resides...heys this is real life.

8756413958_6b2edab4ab_b.jpg

This was taken when we were at Mammoth, casually walking back after celebrating at the Chart House...I luved the skies and the crescent moon. No snow though but it reminded me of a Kondakova painting...

8755293071_4c629fae80_b.jpg

This is for those who have not been to Mammoth before. That's good ole Woolly and thats the Yodler Bar & Restaurant. In the peak of winter, this would have been all snow white...

8755292725_f12d2bf435_b.jpg

Enjoy :)

Edit for Kondakova.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

nice pix. do you mind telling us your gear. looks like dslr quality. i am a hobby photographer so i like to know what others use to get their shots. based on the sky it looks like you are using a polarizer on the lens, or doing some nice edits afterwards. i shoot with a Canon 60D right now and 2 zooms and 2 prime lenses. keep it up.

nice pix. do you mind telling us your gear. looks like dslr quality. i am a hobby photographer so i like to know what others use to get their shots. based on the sky it looks like you are using a polarizer on the lens, or doing some nice edits afterwards. i shoot with a Canon 60D right now and 2 zooms and 2 prime lenses. keep it up.

salsaguy, the only SLR I have is an EOS-1....nah...all my shots were taken with my work camera is the teenie-weenie S100 with a built in 24mm cause I need it to shoot those "great rooms" in the houses. No polarizer. The only editing I do is to resize to 1600 res and adjust the levels  in photochop. The sky is as is. The nightshot was done using the S100 night mode, takes 5 quicks shots and gels 'em together. Its really good for these low light - brilliant mode from Canon.

nice job for a point and shoot.

Im trying to decide which to get to replace my dead Canon 800IS. I heard many of the new canon ps had lens error issues.

I have a G12 and the 60D but need a point and shoot for pocketableness ;)

looking at the S110 but heard many didnt like the flush buttons for the 4 way rocker

the 24mm at the wide end is a must as it really makes a dramatic difference in the pix.

Edited by salsaguy