ProClip Mounts

ScubaDadMiami

Since I am trying to fill my idle time while I await my C-MAX dealer delivery, I am ordering new mounts for things like my radar detector and smartphone.

I have used the ProClip for my cell/smarphones for at least my last two vehicles.  They are the greatest!  ProClip makes two locations for mounting in the C-MAX, and I am trying to decide which location would be better.

There is the center mount:

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-vehicle-mount/ford-c-max-2013-2014/proclip-center-mount-854795-14497.aspx

There is also an angled mount:

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-vehicle-mount/ford-c-max-2013-2014/proclip-angled-mount-854796-14497.aspx

The center mount seems like it would be a very convenient location.  This is where I have my phone in my current vehicle.  However, in the C-MAX, it looks like this will block the center screen, not the case with my current vehicle.  Also, any cable I install (permanently) will be more visible, I suppose.

The angled mount will protrude into the passenger footwell, and it places the phone in a less convenient location.  Even if I won't need to touch my phone anymore to place calls, I still use my cell phone for things like playing Spotify (where I want to be able to easily skip songs, etc.).    So, the angled mount could be more of an issue for doing things on the screen on the phone.

Any votes?  Oh, go ahead and suggest another brand, if you like.  Just know that I have had the very best results with the ProClip, and I can still transfer half of the ProClip from my old car to the C-MAX, which means it will be just the mounting base that I will have to buy anew.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Hi, I am looking at two mounts that go into the CD slot for my Garmin GPS. both of them work for phones also. I have this one:http://www.amazon.com/Mountek-nGroove-6000g-Garmin-StreetPilot/dp/B00BGKQHQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365102134&sr=8-1&keywords=gps+cd+mount. It works pretty well, but the screw to tighten the mount hits the botton of the dash.

I just ordered this one to try:http://www.gpsezmount.com/. It looks like this one might work well, too.

I don't use the CD slot with all of the other music choices, and these mount it above the main screen.

Worth a try!

I have the angled mount.

Do you find that you have to really reach over to use the phone, or do you find that it is right at arm's length?  It seems like reaching the phone could be a distraction.  On the other hand, placing it in the center could block the screen and air from the vents (which matters in Florida).

Decisions, decisions!

Do you find that you have to really reach over to use the phone, or do you find that it is right at arm's length?  It seems like reaching the phone could be a distraction.  On the other hand, placing it in the center could block the screen and air from the vents (which matters in Florida).

Decisions, decisions!

No, I like it.  I also have the tilt swivel on it so I can adjust the angle somewhat.  I never use the phone directly, I use all the car controls.  So it's really just a place holder for the phone while I have it plugged in to charge.  The most important thing to me, was to not block the vents and screen.

• 4 weeks later...