I AM SCARED TO STOP :)

catsailor

I am working on probably my best tank of gas so far, 43.7 mpg at +500 miles driven so far and my trip computer shows that I have about 95 miles more to go. The competition is ON now to break a record tank for me and I can't stop at a gas station cause I want to see a conclusion to this record. Its crazy to see how much better I am getting in squeezing every drop of gas out of the C Max and how I have given up my old bad driving habits in over 8000 miles of driving a hybrid so far. I will report back the totals but I fear that a trip into DC tonight may force me to buy cheaper gas in Maryland before I cross into the district.

maybe I drive the wife's car instead :)

I had to fill up the night before as I had an early morning sales call to make and no time to fill up on the road. +515 miles and the computer read out of 43.6 mpg and I over filled the tank at 12.5 gallons. and right about my lifetime average of 41.3 mpg. working on my next fill up with A/C running now and about +44 mpg. The weather and familiarity with the car is making life sweeeeet driving a C Max.