Doesn't Everyone See This? (Hybrid Drive Display - Center Console)

I'm unclear of the point of this thread. Was there a question about what this update does?

At the time this post was started, it wasn't obvious that new features were added to MFT after the first few months of production. If you can't see something, you don't know that you don't have it. Since most of the people on the forum at that time were early adopters, no one was talking about the features they weren't seeing. So, it was an "ah ha" moment for many people. After the first week - as with all threads, the conversation meandered into side alleys.  

At the time this post was started, it wasn't obvious that new features were added to MFT after the first few months of production. If you can't see something, you don't know that you don't have it. Since most of the people on the forum at that time were early adopters, no one was talking about the features they weren't seeing. So, it was an "ah ha" moment for many people. After the first week - as with all threads, the conversation meandered into side alleys.  

Ahhh... gotcha!

At this point the Apple GPS is more accurate then the one in my C-Max, it has not told me to make a left in the middle of a bridge for a long time, and it gets me there. The only thing less reliable is my wife with a paper map as navigator

here's mine from yesterday showing me plowing through a field with no roads. i have the 3.5.1  :rockon:

IMG_0419-vi.jpg

And you have had the GPS sensor checked along with the TSB?

If so then it just shows that the navigation on the car is poorly designed and coded

I am with Wingrider. Also the GPS module is the probable cause, mine performed well since the replacement.

However, this also means that 3.5.1 is not the solution to many of our GPS "driving in the house" issue. Phew glad Galpin replaced my GPS module :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that's a 3.5.1 feature.  The rest of us with 3.1.3 don't have it yet.   :cry: 

How does one get the update? It is dealer installed only, or can an owner do this themselves? I have registered for syncmyride and saw nothing there about this. Sorry if this has been answered ad nauseum before on this board.

GreenChicago read the 3.5.1 thread.  It seems to be just coming out, and the dealership has to install it.  I contacted our dealership last Thursday and they weren't aware of it and told me that we would get a letter.  No letter so far.  Also look at the Etis thread under TSB's at the bottom of the forum.

I am with Wingrider. Also the GPS module is the probable cause, mine performed well since the replacement.

However, this also means that 3.5.1 is not the solution to many of our GPS "driving in the house" issue. Phew glad Galpin replaced my GPS module :rockon:

GPS sensor has been replaced, TSB has been installed and still getting the issue. Just got informed I am in line for a department car so this is pretty much a mute point for me now even if they finally do install the updated.

Edited by Wingrider01

GPS sensor has been replaced, TSB has been installed and still getting the issue. Just got informed I am in line for a department car so this is pretty much a mute point for me now even if they finally do install the updated.

Crap, sorry to hear it, that is one bad luck car Wing  :sad:  Did your Service Advisor even test the car with the new GPS module before handing it back to you?!?! Galpin had mine for like 3 days and at least 1 full day driving it all over the place to test my GPS. 

Crap, sorry to hear it, that is one bad luck car Wing  :sad:  Did your Service Advisor even test the car with the new GPS module before handing it back to you?!?! Galpin had mine for like 3 days and at least 1 full day driving it all over the place to test my GPS. 

It was tested worked for about 5 days then started putting me back in the middle of the river when I drive up the river road, at least the car thinks it is getting washed all the time

[update]

Guess my incessant complaining about faulty systems finally got through. Just got a call from the dealership, they came over and picked up the car, leaving my a loaner (but s nice Mustang GT convertible) and are going to go over the vehicle from top to bottom, they promised that 3.5.1 will be installed, they will long term test the car and make sure that everything is working as it is supposed to. They requested as much information as possible, including the routes that I use that result in the car being shown a mile and half off the road and other ones that show routing issues.

Dealer said that the car should be ready to be picked up either Friday or Tuesday of next week with a full tank of gas and washed / waxed

Edited by Wingrider01