Just purchased first hybrid!

focmaxrd13

After having a 90 mile commute a day I decided to ditch the 2010 Fusion for a 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid SEL; got it on Saturday. Got pretty much every feature available minus the park assist and I love the tuxedo black. Today is the first day I drove it to work and so far I love it. Just wish I could get the USB and bluetooth streaming to work with iPhone 5.

Can't wait to see what kind of MPG's I can get out of this puppy and I'm sure I will be able to find a lot of useful information here.

Thanks!

Jason

Welcome to the hybrid world in general and to CMax country in particular!    Check your tire pressures as dealers like to set them on the low side.   Lots to learn here so dig in.  

Register and log in to syncmyride.com and see what build version of sync you have.  The most of up to date is 3.5.1 and works well with my 4S.

After having a 90 mile commute a day I decided to ditch the 2010 Fusion for a 2013 Ford Cmax Hybrid SEL; got it on Saturday. Got pretty much every feature available minus the park assist and I love the tuxedo black. Today is the first day I drove it to work and so far I love it. Just wish I could get the USB and bluetooth streaming to work with iPhone 5.

Can't wait to see what kind of MPG's I can get out of this puppy and I'm sure I will be able to find a lot of useful information here.

Thanks!

Jason

Welcome Jason.  Its a great group of people here; lots of knowledge.  I have the iPhone 5 and have --almost-- no problems with streaming either from bluetooth or the USB port.  In fact, I use the USB for my music and the bluetooth connects the phone.  Little tiny glitchers here and there, but overall works well.

NOW, I would love to get the text messaging feature to work  :baby:  :sad:

I got my Bluetooth working now and streaming as well! Can't wait to see what else I can do with the car. I was wondering about texting, but I read only very FEW phones support that feature as of now.

Welcome Jason.  Its a great group of people here; lots of knowledge.  I have the iPhone 5 and have --almost-- no problems with streaming either from bluetooth or the USB port.  In fact, I use the USB for my music and the bluetooth connects the phone.  Little tiny glitchers here and there, but overall works well.

NOW, I would love to get the text messaging feature to work  :baby:  :sad:

I have attached the compatibility chart from Ford that says which functions of sync are available with which phone. I was disappointed to find out that my phone was not on the list for texting, but speaking text messages is probably one more distraction I don't really need anyway. More information on the phones can be found on the Ford site here http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/phone-compatibility-sync

Syncphonecompatibility.pdf