New Owner Video Series - Left Side Gauges

Riddley

Here is a 7 minute video that discusses the C-MAX left side instrument cluster. The video traverses through the range of gauge choices you see on the left-side cluster display, such as Vehicle Range, Inform, Enlighten, Engage, Empower and MyView. This video might be less interesting to C-MAX "early adopters", but for those waiting to have their vehicle delivered or still burning through their first few tanks of gas, this video might be very welcome.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7FFGWq7S4

Background: While I was waiting for the new C-MAX, I looked for videos and other references to the car. I wanted to learn all I could even as I waited. Finding information was not as easy as I could have wished. After I took delivery of the new C-MAX, it took me a few weeks to start exploring the gauges and features. I've been learning by trial and error mostly.

In the spirit of wanting to make it easier for new owners to learn about the car - even as they await delivery, I'm going to make a series of posts that highlight features of the car - as videos.  The videos I'm going to post here are created by the folks at Ford and high production value. Its just that while these are available on the Ford owner site, they are not easy to find. They are also available on YouTube, but again, not so easy to find unless you know what you are looking for. I couldn't decide which forum this might fit best, but selected Buying/Order/Leasing because it is where it might be seen by people who might appreciate it more.

Edited by Riddley

Good stuff Ridley  :rockon:

I did start this thread in the Welcome section for new CMax owners:

Welcome to the website - some helpful videos for you and your newcar

Although it does not specifically directs the new members to the gauge side, it brings them to an overall "Home" pages and they can navigate down. The inspiration for that thread was after the Irvine meeting where Ford techies were really trying hard to show us new owners some spiffy stuff like the gauges and the various controls which we don't normally think about. Also, if anyone has some more relevent vidoes thats not already included in my initial links, feel free to post 'em up.

I am hoping to get the above thread pinned as it will save new members a lot of time from wading through the posts and repeating the same topics.

:)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Such excellent stuff Jus!

You did just what I was thinking about doing, only about 6 weeks ago !!

The cut down list of the CMax specific features is going to be particularly relevant.

When you get that thread pinned in the Welcome forum, it will be great for new owners. 

One other thought I had was to create some FAQs.  Stop me if that is already done or in the works.   

Such excellent stuff Jus!

You did just what I was thinking about doing, only about 6 weeks ago !!

The cut down list of the CMax specific features is going to be particularly relevant.

When you get that thread pinned in the Welcome forum, it will be great for new owners. 

One other thought I had was to create some FAQs.  Stop me if that is already done or in the works.   

Yeah I agree but some of the stuff like MFT and other features are shared across the Board. I did what I could but it can always be better and we can work on cleaning it up going forward.

FAQ is not done yet...so go for it  :)

For the time being, start the thread in the Welcome section and I'll speak with the other mods to confirm its final placement - I suspect most people who need the FAQ are the newer members. Us old f*rts got it all in the head already..... ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax