Hey there - former Prius driver

armoredsaint

Had a 2011 Prius IV that got totaled by a drunk driver, now my company ordered me a new 2013 CMax SEL with 302A package.

Going to be night and day with the Cmax, much happier than the cheap plastics and loud road noise in the Prius, plus awkward driving position and horrible seats.

I will miss the LED brake lights and projector headlamps.

:yahoo:

Welcome! I too am a former Prius (04) and Camry Hybrid(08) driver. 

Funny, me too.  2010 Liftback and on 06 HyCam.  

OP, that's way cool for your company to order not only a hybrid but an SEL package too!  Suh-WEET.  The C-Max won't pull the big FE numbers like the Pri but all the other driving dynamics will more than make up for it; many of which you have all ready figured out.  

Funny, me too.  2010 Liftback and on 06 HyCam.  

OP, that's way cool for your company to order not only a hybrid but an SEL package too!  Suh-WEET.  The C-Max won't pull the big FE numbers like the Pri but all the other driving dynamics will more than make up for it; many of which you have all ready figured out.  

Hmmmh....not sure bout that  ;)

OP - welcome to the website. Enjoy the read and you're probably all good in the FE department. Enjoy the posts and the pics  :rockon:

Oh, I am.  Prius hypermilers can get 700 and even 800 mile tanks on even less gas (11.x gal tank).   They're easy to spot as you'll see bicycles passing them.   :drool:

i actually pride myself in only getting 35 mpg on my Prius  ;)

since my new SEL and like my previous prius, it's a company car and gas is paid for - but they have an eco-green initivitive program. some other's got a regular focus instead.

to be honest, i wish i had a Fusion  :)

Oh, I am.  Prius hypermilers can get 700 and even 800 mile tanks on even less gas (11.x gal tank).   They're easy to spot as you'll see bicycles passing them.   :drool:

Lol...here's my take from the CMax end....

I've done so many 600 mile tanks with my personal best at 641 - that I believe a 700 mile tank is possible with the following caveat:

1. It will have to be limited to surface street only for the entire tank, 35 or 45 speed limit roads. The CMax is SUPER efficient here on these roads,

2. No freeways and no mountains, just flats.

If we have an owner who drives and lives in such an environment, they can do the 700. 650 easily and the last 50 miles in red and P&G to the max and bring a towel cause its a lot of nervy sweat at this range and more (been there)...presuming they have more than 12,000 on the odo with the engine as driving in such an environment, your ICE would be used far, far less and therefore take even longer.

Jus my 2c  :shift:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Just curious, Jus -- have you (or anyone else, for that matter) actually run the tank dry?  I was wondering how easy it is to get the C-Max going again (air lock, and all that).

VR

ptjones has and he said it was a non-event. EVed to the side and then tanked up. Started again. Read it here: I RAN OUT OF GAS TODAY - 13.86 gallons

OK - do we need to create a forum for former Prius users to have a "reunion" in here?

lol, i dunno.... :baby: