Hurrah for Australian winning the Masters

Laurel

:yahoo:

Thank you Laurel for doing this thread...I just got back and I see this....that is very special to me....I am such a HUGE FAN of the Masters!

Before all this began, I had a hunch/premonition that Adam Scott would win..don't know how or why and I told my buddy this way back on Hole #8....but the Golfing Gods made Adam earn it. By the way, I am also a huge fan of Angel - I have his signature on my Masters visor when he played at the LA Open last year - he is beyond a class act and as they say, action speaks louder than words - Angel's thumbs up to Adam on Adam's second shot into the 10th green says what a class act Angel is. This would not have happened with another famous player that was expected to win...so either of them winning would have been fine with me but Adam Scotts win is special in Australian Sports history  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:

Yes, the Australians finally win a Green Jacket...this is like  John Betrand's win of the America's Cup (which I also got up or stayed up for....) way back in the 80s. By the way, I also spoke with Jason Day when he was here in Los Angeles at a Taylormade event - he's a young guy and class act as well. My heart goes out to him when he bogeyed the 16th and 17th, thats golf. I got his signature on my Boxing Kangaroo as well and a picture of him and I. I am a golf freakazoid,  :wub2:  the game and I teach the juniors on Saturdays.

C'mon Aussie, c'mon on, c'mon on!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

You're welcome Jus.  I love the Masters too.  I clear my calendar every year so I can hunker down and watch it.  I agree with all you said--especially the thumbs up act of generosity shown by Angel.  I was rooting for Jason, but quickly switched to my second favourite who was Adam Scott.  I have to confess that a big draw of the Master is the gardening --lovely rhodos, viburnum and azaleas.  But I am a golf fan for sure.  I'm breaking out a nice Australian Shiraz to go with dinner tonight.

Was at the Masters today. On 18 when Scott came in the first time in regular play and again in the play off. A very vocal contingent of Aussies were there with the rest of us cold, drowned rats. Appreciated C Max's heate seats!

Sweet - thats a nice post, thanks for sharing. The energy would have been awesome there....thanks for sharing  :)

Heated seats...it was a boyz trip I guess, wifey would have made me turn on the HVAC  ;)

Avatar change for the week to celebrate Adam Scott, 2013 Masters Champion  :) 

166644054_r640.jpg

Sssh...I'll stop posting, time for some golf and go nail some 300+ yard drives...yeah baby - will be smoking the RBZ Tour with the x-flex Harrison Eclipse  ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

What a day....an Eagle chance on the Par 5 18th today and I missed it by a foot...superb drive and a great 2nd shot, just could not putt it in at the end. Day is not over...still have a steak dinner with golfing buds when they get their a$$ over here. Golfing score, 79 today on a Par 72, 7 over is ok considering I was re-couperating from shoulder/neck injuries and not played a full course in over 5 months. Secret: teach the juniors, you never forget the basics and that was the difference today, back to basic  ;)