IPhone fails to connect via Bluetooth

This is the second time in a week this has happened. I've paired up the iphone with Sync, it will work fine for a couple days, then stops connecting. Once it stops connecting it doesn't appear to ever connect again.

The first time I fixed this by:

1) rebooting my iphone

2) resetting sync

3) unpairing the iphone (via sync and via the iphone)

I think the unpairing was via sync was what made the phone pair and connect back again with the Sync system. But I'm not entirely sure--and besides I don't want to have to repair my phone each time this happens if it is once per week.

I've check that my Sync system is up to date (v3.5.1), and my iphone 5 has the latest update (v6.1.3).

In my heart of hearts I am thinking this is a stupid M$ software bug where they do not properly test this with an IPhone (but I don't know that--just my speculation).

At any rate, has anyone run into this and resolved this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike

works fine here with a Iphone 5 with ios 6.1.3 have no issues pairing when I get in the car, wife has no problem pairing with a 4s and daughter with a 3GS, both on 6.1.3. even works if I get in the car without the phone on one drive, then on the next have the phone in my pocket. One of the few things that is reliable on the car. Might has the phone tested at Apple

Edited by Wingrider01

Thanks for the responses. One question though--are either of you streaming audio (i.e. music) over bluetooth? I have been even though it appears to not be supported. Maybe that's what could be putting the paired connection into its funky state...

I'll try deleting all my old BT connections again and see if that helps too.

Thanks for the responses. One question though--are either of you streaming audio (i.e. music) over bluetooth? I have been even though it appears to not be supported. Maybe that's what could be putting the paired connection into its funky state...

I'll try deleting all my old BT connections again and see if that helps too.

nope, have a 1TB usb passport attached to the car via usb in the console box, find the 64GB iphone 5 to limited in storage, it also allows wife and daughter to have their one playlists

Until I loaded a USB drive and started using that I streamed audio from my iPhone 4 regularly with no problem whatsoever.  I have had a couple instances when the phone did not connect when I got into the car, but it always connected on the next trip.  I have never had to redo the Sync connection.