Thought I was ready. Now confused

Disluvr

This is a great site.  Thank you everyone for answering my other questions.

I thought I was decided to get the SEL with the 302A package but after thinking about it, I don't know if it's worth $3000 more.  So I'm sorry but I have a couple of more questions:

What is "My Key"?

What is "My Touch Ford and Sirius Pkg"?   I don't think I need Sirius.  What is the sync with My Ford Touch?

Does the "Winter Package" come with heated cloth seats and the heated side mirrors?

What is the reverse sensing system vs a rear camera?

I really like the push button start (spoiled from my Prius) and the rear camera but is it worth paying $3000 more?

It seems like you know more than the salesmen so thank you again. 

Bev

I think I can answer some of these. I have a SEL w 302A package winter package.

My Key is the thob you get with intellegent access and push button start. You can program one of you thobs as a my key to limit radio volume, speed driven, ect... Good for your teenage drivers

Winter package has heat seats, mirrors, and rubber mats and a cargo mat.(you'll still get your carpeted mats also)

Sync is part of the radio it links your cell phone to the system. You can make and recieve calls through the radio speakers without touching your phone. You can play your music you have stored on your phone. You can send vehicel health reports to ford.

My ford touch is just what they call the 8 inch touch screen system to access radio, climate, navigation,

Sirius is activated when you get the car and will reequire a service activation after the trial runs out in 6 months.( you don't have to keep it if yoout don't want)

Hope I was able to help

Hi Disluvr,

All your package options are detailed here:

What is "My Key"?

What is "My Touch Ford and Sirius Pkg"?   I don't think I need Sirius.  What is the sync with My Ford Touch?

Does the "Winter Package" come with heated cloth seats and the heated side mirrors?

• Not sure. The feature description for Heated Seats reads this way “Standard on the C-MAX SEL Hybrid and C-MAX Energi; available with the cloth seats on the SE Hybrid in the Winter Package.”
  • The way I read this is that heated seats is “In the Winter Package”, however, when I look at the description of the winter package, Heated seats is not included.  It would be best if you get verification from the dealer when you order. Heated Seats will be listed as a line item on the invoice.

What is the reverse sensing system vs a rear camera?

• The reverse sensing system sensors in the lower rear bumper will beep the closer you get to an item when you’re slowly backing up. The rear parking aid is part of the Power Liftgate and Rear Park Aid Package on the C-MAX SE Hybrid. The rear parking aid is standard on the SEL Hybrid and C-MAX Energi; the power liftgate is not.
  • The rear camera is a separate option that is included as part of the Hands Free package.

I really like the push button start (spoiled from my Prius) and the rear camera but is it worth paying $3000 more?

• You would not be paying $3000 more for the push-button start and rear camera. The price difference you pay will include many other cool features that you might come to appreciate, if not adore.

I would like to add that you might be able to convince yourself to go for the extra cost of the SEL if you can get yourself significantly under MSRP.  For example, the Costco Auto Program in my area put the price at near Invoice, which made it a much easier decision for me. I ended up with the SEL and the 302A package.

Hey Bev,

I'm a previous Prius owner and will say yes it's worth it the added costs.  With the 302a package, you basically get everything you can get except the parking package.  Unlike the prius, all 5 doors have the keyless sensor.  Although the view out the back window is better than the prius I still think the camera is worth it and works well at night.  The reverse system uses sonar and beeps to alert you to obstacles.   

The myfordtouch (MFT) is the technology/info/entertain center.  The prius version is called entune.  With the 302a package, you will also get the much better sound system and navigation added to this system.  

The power lift gate is a really, really nice feature for those of us with kids and/or lots of hauling duties.  302a will add the hands free feature which is cool and can be really helpful.  

Go for as much technology as you can afford in my opinion.  We have the 303 A and love all the features.  Especially the camera and sensors front and rear.  Love the panorama roof for the extra light.  The only feature that we got that we don't need is park assist.  We could easily live without that.  Surprisingly I love Sirius radio which you get a six month free trial of--ours is soon to expire and I hope to dicker with Sirius to get a deal when they phone to renew it.  Good luck in your decision making.

Its worth it...I was going SE model but got spoiled. The rear camera is a MUST HAVE imo, it allows you to back the car close and watch for pedestrians even in the dark.

Well worth mentioning is the Song entertainment system. Really nice sound! Really...try playing some Hawaiian slack guitar, you'll hear ever nuances in the music.

This was a review I did this past weekend: Jus another CMax review

It deals with all the issues and gives people ideas on how to drive fuel efficient - and NOT at a snail pace at Freeway speeds. May be a good read...and yes, I did achieve the 47+ MPG tank, after tank, after tank.

Now, did the hubby like the golf bag placement? 

If you have more questions ask away but my suggestion would be to try and keep it within the 1 thread that you started and we'll answer it. Glad u are finding this website useful and knowledgeable, thats what we're all about and we're all owner/drivers.

:)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I will add: Make sure the car you select is manufactured in March or later - just to be safe. There are some system upgrades that early adopters are still waiting for.

Ridley or others - if you want put up the thread on how to SIMPLY check the build date, that would help the OP, I gotta go to wurk..... :)

I have the SEL with the 302 package. I love all the gadgets, no regrets. The sound system is awesome, and I use the hands-free liftgate more than I thought I would (although it does take 2 kicks to open when the car is locked).

I would probably love to drive just a basic C-Max as well; but with the 302a features, I feel like I am in a Lexus or BMW...

We ordered an SE with winter package (not delivered yet) but the window sticker says:

WINTER PACKAGE                                  295.00

PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT

HEATED SEATS

so it had better have heated seats as that's the main reason it was ordered!

Don't know about the mats - would sure be nice but I thought they were separate.

I don't know what the "approach light" is (but if the car can fly, it will be great for night landings!).

As I understand it, all SEs are cloth seats.

My SE has the 202A package, which is MyFord Touch and Sirius, and the winter package, which includes heated mirrors and heated cloth seats. It does NOT include rubber mats and cargo liner. I bought those separately from an online Ford parts/accessory dealer.

I garage my car so it never gets really cold overnight. I could easily live with the cloth seats and no heaters. The heated mirrors are handy, though.

Bev:

Regarding "MyKey": the manual states:

MyKey

allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to

promote good driving habits. All but one of the keys programmed to the

vehicle can be activated with these restricted modes.

If you're going with the SEL, a lot of things you mention, like the winter package and push button start, come standard (and, I think, are worth the extra price of the SEL).  BTW, the SEL comes with leather seats, not cloth.

You might be getting your pkg mixed up.  The 302A Pkg is only an extra 2000.  the 303 with add 3K but includes all the other pkgs.  My new C-max came with the 303A and the Pana Window, and I don't regret the extra at all.  I have had my car for almost a month and I really think that I would have been disappointed if I didn't have the options I have now.