Took my car to the dealership today for service - pre 10k service

I spoke with a technician for quite some time today. It appears that there is an update going out and they may be updating my car today. I'm not completely sure if it's anything hardware related or a simple update, but I know I ran the last update myself with the usb tool on Ford's owner site.

Will report back as my C-Max was from a 2012 build date and may actually require some sort of hardware change.

I was given an A3 card, should have been given an A4 card so my car was made somewhere in the middle. Also there was a weird sound coming from the strut. Turns out this is a defect - they had a Ford Engineer address it.

The new Ford My Touch update comes out in about 2 weeks. There is an advisory on it. There was a software version called "13A01" not sure if that will help anyone. My parts are on their way to the dealership and everything was covered under warranty.

Pretty awesome if it works out :)

Yeah they said my car was still under warranty - it had done it since I bought it. The Ford Mechanics called the Ford Engineer team in Michigan and asked about a related issue to the strut. To be clear it is my front left. How old is your car? They covered it all under warranty, but I'm waiting to get the replacement strut. About 2 week turnaround time. I had a lot of random issues though tbh.

I didn't even know it was an issue until comparing it to my fathers Hybrid Fusion, which has same drive train and motor / engine combo. We noticed his is completely quiet. I then compared to another C-Max and noted that my front left shock sounded "crunchy" or "squeaky" ... but more "crunky" than squeaky.

Will know the outcome soon, but I did goto a different dealership than the one I bought my car from. (On purpose, because they continually lied about times, and this car had been a test drive car prior to the one that wife and I ordered from the Factory.) 

Long story short. They're fixing it for free.

Hey SixtyEight, anymore details on the strut noise? I definitely have a rattle going on, and inductive of a strut related noise. I'm planning to Take it in next week as its rattling all the time now..thanks

SixtyEight, took my car to the dealer for the rattle issue and the mechanic confirmed with me on a test drive the rattle exists. But he could not find any TSB related to the issue

By any chance do you have any kind of reference we can use, or can you check with your service guy and see if they can find a reference I can provide my dealer with? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks, Dale