Update

JohnnOhio

Hello everyone

Just keeping you updated on my SEL 302A package experience.

I've had my C Max a month and a half just turned over 2,000 miles on the odometer today (530 EV miles :) ) on my 4th tank of gas. I have had no problems so far (knock on wood). EV+ has figured out my home and work. I drive 70 miles round trip to work daily and avergage 47 mpg now. Not bad considering 85% are freeway miles at 65.(46.5 - 47.8 depending on temp) Lifetime agverage is up to 43.5. Not bad considering break in and it's been below freezing around here for half the time I've had the car.

Well that's about it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't start having that batteery problem. I keep a jumper battery with me just in case. I've only used it twice to start my lawnmowers. lol

Hello everyone

Just keeping you updated on my SEL 302A package experience.

I've had my C Max a month and a half just turned over 2,000 miles on the odometer today (530 EV miles :) ) on my 4th tank of gas. I have had no problems so far (knock on wood). EV+ has figured out my home and work. I drive 70 miles round trip to work daily and avergage 47 mpg now. Not bad considering 85% are freeway miles at 65.(46.5 - 47.8 depending on temp) Lifetime agverage is up to 43.5. Not bad considering break in and it's been below freezing around here for half the time I've had the car.

Well that's about it. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't start having that batteery problem. I keep a jumper battery with me just in case. I've only used it twice to start my lawnmowers. lol

Excellent update John, thanks. Out of curiosity, how do you handle the freeways - normal, P&G, eco-cruise, or ICE High MPG?

The sad news is that....you'll get BETTER MPG as your engine breaks-in...sad for those CMax knockers I should have said  ;)

ICE all the way. I have one hill .1 mile or so that I can coast on EV. In the city at the exits there are hills down under the roadways that I manage to EV for a few seconds then back to ICE to climb up the other sides. I have only used cruise once just to check and see if it works. I can keep my speed steady with my foot without thinking. Would use cruise on long trips though.

The other day there was a bad accident on the freeway that closed it down. I took the side streets and back roads all the way home. It was about 10 miles farther and used .7 gals of gas, the same as if I would have taken the freeway. Got to love hybrids.

I use 1.4 gals per work day, I used 1.5 gals to mow my grass last weekend. How do you like that, I use less gas to drive 70 miles on the freeway than to mow for 1 hour on my lawntractor. I'm not even counting the push mower or weedeater gas. Got to start making feul effient mowers.

ICE all the way. I have one hill .1 mile or so that I can coast on EV. In the city at the exits there are hills down under the roadways that I manage to EV for a few seconds then back to ICE to climb up the other sides. I have only used cruise once just to check and see if it works. I can keep my speed steady with my foot without thinking. Would use cruise on long trips though.

The other day there was a bad accident on the freeway that closed it down. I took the side streets and back roads all the way home. It was about 10 miles farther and used .7 gals of gas, the same as if I would have taken the freeway. Got to love hybrids.

I use 1.4 gals per work day, I used 1.5 gals to mow my grass last weekend. How do you like that, I use less gas to drive 70 miles on the freeway than to mow for 1 hour on my lawntractor. I'm not even counting the push mower or weedeater gas. Got to start making feul effient mowers.

Now that's a prespective I have not heard before....nice one  :)