I DID it!! 506.1 miles

Adair

I started out this morning with 25 miles left in the tank, per the car's computer, after our trip to Indy over the weekend. See the link below:

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/1846-1st-road-trip/

The gas tank symbol had gone to RED. I had about 20 miles to drive to work and had never driven this car so low before, so I was a little nervous, in spite of the reassurances from Jus-A-Cmax and others to go ahead and try it.

But what the heck! In for a dime, in for a dollar. I drove to work, flipping back and forth between Trip 1 total miles and how many miles to Empty!

I made it to the Meijer gas station with 4 miles left in the tank.

8696499815_f5659a6ca6.jpg

A total of 506.1 miles on the tank, with 95% of it freeway miles and the return trip at 70 mph. 54.1 EV miles. I filled up with 12.47 gal.

8697622942_7e6caff616.jpg
506 by JellyBean439, on Flickr

I'll try to post all of the pix from the trip and this entry tonite.

Thanks for all the encouragement to try........<3

Edited by Adair
Pictures added

Nice, good job! My last tank was 524.6 though I forgot to check miles left. It was my third tank to 500+. I am confident now that you can safely run the miles to empty down to 0. I think how far past 0 depends on your driving habits. For me I think it would be 20 to 30 miles more when it reaches 0. If you're a zen driver like Jus-A-Cmax you can probably go another 100 miles :-)

Thanks  dtorres. And I'm really encouraged since this tank was 95% highway driving at 68-70 mph. I should be able to go higher when I'm back on my normal routes, which are about 20-25% highway.

Gutsy move.  Congratulations!  I know how nervous you were about going for it.  :hi5:

Thanks SDM!! I won't be so nervous the next time :dogwalk:

Nice, good job! My last tank was 524.6 though I forgot to check miles left. It was my third tank to 500+. I am confident now that you can safely run the miles to empty down to 0. I think how far past 0 depends on your driving habits. For me I think it would be 20 to 30 miles more when it reaches 0. If you're a zen driver like Jus-A-Cmax you can probably go another 100 miles :-)

dtorres...that post made me :) , if only u knew how close to the truth, power of the mind ;)

Thanks  dtorres. And I'm really encouraged since this tank was 95% highway driving at 68-70 mph. I should be able to go higher when I'm back on my normal routes, which are about 20-25% highway.

Thanks SDM!! I won't be so nervous the next time :dogwalk:

Hey Adair, I sent u PM for the secret sauce last week, I hope you are making some headways with it...could be a nice LONG result ;)