Funny n00b story

cepwin

Congratulations on your new car!  Your little faux pas will likely be one in a series of many.  We all are learning here.  I tried to back up once while the car was in accessory mode so I had no power steering and in essence no power and was just rolling backwards down a small grade.  I got all panicky and figured the car had lost all power, but nope it was me starting off in accessory mode as hubby had been waiting in the car listening to the radio and I looked at the lit gauges and figured it was ready to drive.  Make sure you always look for the ready to drive message and the little green car.

So I brought the car home today and tonight I had to run an errand at dinner time. Anyway I couldn't get the car to move. I saw a neighbor and called her over. Turned out I forgot that you have to put your foot on the break rather than the gas to start it. ... Learning curve

Well congratulations, another CMax owner and another potential 600 Mile CMax Club member ;) ...once you get over the hump on how to start the car... :hysterical: ...don't worry, happens to even us oldies as well ;)

Ohhh here is a good one. Hubby drove the car and then came home got out of the car and forgot to turn it off for svl hrs! Thank god I had to get something out of the car!

They need to make an app for that!!!! A phone reminder...

Edited by Hollywoodtx

And don't freak out when you come to a stop sign/light, and the engine stops running.  Scary the first few times it happens.

I did that on one of the first outings. Came to a stoplight and swore that the car had died. I'm pushin' buttons, turning on and off and my husband is laughing in the passenger seat!! Now I LOVE Ev (aka STEALTH) mode!

Wow...I can see that being disconcerting if it seems to shut off!  Yeah, leaving the car on accidently actually reminds me of another concern about leaving the car unlocked....the traditional way of testing it...pulling on the door handle doesn't apply because it will unlock...trying to be aware of it.

I took my maxie on two errand runs today and to lunch with relatives (my Aunt really liked it...she has a prius.)  Tomorrow it makes it's first trip to work.