Renting a CMax

Hey Maxed, I rented one for 3 days from Hertz at the Oakland airport!! Totally a fluke thing, I was returning a business rental and saw two of them on the hertz lot, I walked back in to the hertz counter and asked to rent one and did on the spot. I had it 3 days it was great. I took it home and threw all the weekend 'stuff' in it, we drove over to Pacifica, then out to Oakley, up to Placerville, and back to Alameda. Got 41 mpg average and confirmed it was the right choice for me.

you guys must be lucky

i called ALL the rental agencies this past week including Hertz and ALL said they dont have CMaxes yet

Either they are lying or clueless

or they are only at the airport locations and not the local offices

hoping we can rent for 2-3 days before we buy my wife a CMax SEL

I got some suggestions on another thread here to try a few things with Budget.

One of the pro reviews on the car got his rented from Avis in San Diego airport.

Hey Maxed, I rented one for 3 days from Hertz at the Oakland airport!! Totally a fluke thing, I was returning a business rental and saw two of them on the hertz lot, I walked back in to the hertz counter and asked to rent one and did on the spot. I had it 3 days it was great. I took it home and threw all the weekend 'stuff' in it, we drove over to Pacifica, then out to Oakley, up to Placerville, and back to Alameda. Got 41 mpg average and confirmed it was the right choice for me.

Edited by salsaguy

They only had two. Only the airport, no where else because, like you I called all over, even Hertz and was told no. It's why I was so surprised to see it on the lot when I returned the other car to national. Not sure how close you are, but might be best if you just went there, or try to call the local hertz counter at the airport, not the reservation line.