Battery loss

Erchphs

I know this has probably been covered a lot, but what was the original battery capacity in miles (very subjective I understand) for a 2013 energi?  I bought mine 4 years ago with 60000 miles on it and now have 117000.  About 43000 are EV miles and around 4200 are regenerative.  Seemed like when I first got the car it got around 21-22 miles on a charge in summer and maybe 15-16 in winter. This past year it has been 10 or so in winter and around 15 in warm weather.

So the other day I decided to charge it up and as soon as I pulled out I switched to EV later. I drove around town and used the regenerative braking to hopefully break through any old barriers there might have been in the battery pack. I did this for 3 straight days (I retired, I can do this). Anyway, after th first day I noticed a jump to around 16, then the next day to 17, and now after another day or 2 I got a reading of 19 when I started to drive. So i took a long drive and drained the battery and it just finished charging. I will be curious if it is back up around 18-19. Hoping so.

Remember that the meter on the dashboard is a guess, based on recent driving habits.  If you drive EV on the highway, or run the heater in the winter, range drops like a rock.  If you drive carefully (not hypermiling, but paying attention), it likes that better and goes up.

The "real" test is to charge up, then drive some fixed course until the battery runs out.

My 2013 is still giving me about 20 miles on a charge, and I'm careful with it.  EV later on the highway, seat heater instead of cabin heater, etc.

I have two or three shopping/dinner trips that are right at the edge of my range; if the outside temp is perfect, I can do them all on battery.  If it's too hot or cold, I can't.  I'm using those trips to tell me if my battery is degrading.  So far, so good, I'm at 110k miles.