New Software Release?

Just wanted to share some news I got today from my sister who bought a 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE.  She asked me if I got in the mail notification that Ford was soon going to release new software for the MFT issues, like clock error, error in GPS.  I told her I had not got anything in the mail so far.  So wonder if a fix is soon coming for the CMax as well?

Automotive.com provides this overview of the process and what to expect after completion.

This does not cover the 3.5.1 release specifically.

Love it or hate it, Ford’s SYNC with MyFord Touch is the future of automotiveicon1.png infotainment. The problem is, that future has been clouded by discontent with the way the system works. Despite Ford’s assertations that customers love it, the system has garnered tons of negative press. How bad has it been? Bad enough that Consumer Reports downgraded any Ford vehicle that had the system. Yikes.

But Ford hasn’t been entirely deaf to the complaints, and released a software update in early March to combat the criticism and make the system easier to use. In the works for months, the update has been touted as a SYNC and MFT savior, but can it live up to the hype? To find out, Ford recently gave us a 2012 Edge SEL with the USB software update. The idea was simple: Drive the Edge for half the weekend with the old software, and then perform the update for comparison.

Edited by darrelld