TSB 13-5-6, 2013 C-MAX HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE

ISSUE:

Some 2013 C-MAX vehicles equipped with Hands-Free Liftgate feature may exhibit a condition where the opening feature is inoperative after the vehicle has been locked for three (3) minutes or longer. No diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) will be present.

ACTION:

Reprogram the Rear Gate Trunk Module (RGTM) module to the latest calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 84.03 and higher.

Link

Edited by ceemax71

In addition a TSB was also just put out regarding the auto close rear hatch on the SEL.  When all windows & doors are closed the rear hatch would not fully close showing an "ajar" reading on the dash.  Was due to pressure inside the car.  Dealer thought there was no adjustment to the lower hatch lock but apparently there is.  Took back to Ford after waiting a month for results and adjustment was made per Ford Hot Line Team.  FINALLY!

ISSUE:

Some 2013 C-MAX vehicles equipped with Hands-Free Liftgate feature may exhibit a condition where the opening feature is inoperative after the vehicle has been locked for three (3) minutes or longer. No diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) will be present.

ACTION:

Reprogram the Rear Gate Trunk Module (RGTM) module to the latest calibration using Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) release 84.03 and higher.

Your my hero!

• 2 weeks later...

Took my C-Max to the dealer I bought it from early this morning (made an appointment a few days earlier...they checked the "IDS" to ensure the TSB was downloaded...it was) and within a half hour got the car back. Have tested it locked/unlocked, both after waiting the prescribed 3-minutes, and now works flawlessly. Doesn't matter if the car is locked or nor. Before it required two kicks if locked. Now just one kick!

Thanks to all on this forum for the info re the TSB.

I do not know if it applies to the lift gate release button problem you have experienced. I assume you are talking about the button on the dash, not the key FOB. My dash button always has worked with only one push...it was the "kick" action out back that needed the fix.

I just had the TSB 13-5-6 done this morning. Here's the deal with this TSB that I found out while working with Bill Parks@Galpin Ford.

If they just search by the VIN, its not there as its not a mandatory TSB. Instead, have your Service Advisor search by component - in this case the "Liftgate" and the TSB will appear under there.

It was a quick turn around and best of all, its plain works now...one kick! Yaaah!

Thats it for me - my Nav is working superbly now and my liftgate is all done. I'll update my review to reflect these new changes. 3.5.1 will be nice but not mandatory as my MFT is pretty stable for now (touch wood).

Hope this helps... :)

with so many TSBs on this car I think it's time to create a thread to capture all the CMax TSBs in one post with links for new owners to have them all in one place. anyone up to the task?

Edited 6/18 for: fixed tabs to read TSBs.

Edited by salsaguy

• 3 weeks later...

Just received 2 TSB notices: one for MyFord Touch phone and Nav issues and the other for the Liftgate which had been rather quirky lately. I'm relieved to actually have these problems addressed and thank this forum for informing and preparing me for the updates. Appt. set for next Tues.

just had 3.5.1 update done, and only tested liftgate kick one time (dinner waiting) but it worked flawlessly, where before it was a 50/50 thing, even pressing the button on the dash or the liftgate button itself, half the time it would just unlock, but then required another press/kick to lift.

Touchscreen is a lot faster too, which is nice, it was excruciatingly slow before...