60mpg. Yes, it is possible...........

Recumpence

Hey All,

I just got back from a work day of 146 miles. This is my final mileage (again, this is over 146 miles starting and ending in my driveway).

The single best thing you can do to maximize MPG is setup your MyView screen to show the three efficiency bars and push to maximize those.

This was done in my normal service area of Lake and McHenry county Illinois. My driving is about 70% 35mph in town and 30% 55 mph going town to town.

This type of mileage is indeed possible. It is not easy, but I do not stress over it either. I have just learned new driving habits. Oh, I drive the speed limit or a couple miles over........

Oh, lastly, I have no modifications what-so-ever. I plan to begin doing aero mods. But, at this point, my car is 100% stock. I do not even have my grille block on anymore.

One last thing;

My MPG has increased with my high number of miles on my car. I think you really need to put over 10,000 on these cars to see the true maximum mpg. Even my highway mpg is up about 3mpg or so since I have gone over 10,000 miles......

Matt

post-85-0-35744100-1368134813_thumb.jpg

Edited by Recumpence

The single best thing you can do to maximize MPG is setup your MyView screen to show the three efficiency bars and push to maximize those.

Matt

What is your setting for the left side of MyView.  Specifically, the 60.1 in the middle?  Did you need to reset your lifetime to show that with gauge around it?

Way to push the envelope Matt!!  I have a long way to go before I will see even 10K total miles. It is good to know I might expect to see FE improvement all the way up to 20K.

Hey All,

I just got back from a work day of 146 miles. This is my final mileage (again, this is over 146 miles starting and ending in my driveway).

This was done in my normal service area of Lake and McHenry county Illinois. My driving is about 70% 35mph in town and 30% 55 mph going town to town.

This type of mileage is indeed possible. It is not easy, but I do not stress over it either. I have just learned new driving habits. Oh, I drive the speed limit or a couple miles over........

Oh, lastly, I have no modifications what-so-ever. I plan to begin doing aero mods. But, at this point, my car is 100% stock. I do not even have my grille block on anymore.

One last thing;

My MPG has increased with my high number of miles on my car. I think you really need to put over 10,000 on these cars to see the true maximum mpg. Even my highway mpg is up about 3mpg or so since I have gone over 10,000 miles......

Matt

I suspect it is pretty flat out there.  That makes big difference.

I suspect it is pretty flat out there.  That makes big difference.

Not really. In fact, we have a state park called "Mourain Hills State Park". It is hilly, but small hills.

I agree flat roads make a big difference. But, it is not very flat here. Of course, we do not have mountains to deal with, though. That would really make a difference.

Matt