Witnessed a miracle this morning....

Adair

That actually made GMA this morning!

Except it was police officer on an emergency run, who abandoned the call, and stopped traffic.

And it was a four lane road.

And it was in Portland Oregon.

:headscratch:

Hmm,  I guess this was a different set of ducks......   :hysterical:

Edited by fotomoto

Interesting story about Ann Arbor.  My son-in-law switched jobs from Detroit police to Ann Arbor police.  After several years of regular shoot outs and other violent encounters in Detroit, his first call on his first day on patrol in Ann Arbor was to stop traffic for a mother duck and ducklings crossing a street.

OK, I have to say something on the other side of this, however; I have seen accidents with human fatalities due to slamming on the brakes for a single sparrow.

we do need to keep things in perspective. If we can stop without killing someone to allow animals to cross, that is awesome. But, we need to make sure we do not kill people in the process.

Do not flame me for speaking up. I just have seen too many major wrecks caused by a squirrel or chipmunk in the road. A little balance and common sense goes a long way.

Matt