Extreme sensitivity to conditions is normal with hybrids, not just the Cmax

Recumpence

Well, just as the title suggests, all hybrids are very sensitive to various environmental conditions as well as driving style much more that gas only vehicles.

I think the Cmax is getting a bad reputation because there are more hybrid converts to the Cmax than other cars because it seems to perform better than other popular hybrids. These recent hybrid converts have not gotten used to the hybrid thing very quickly.

This is just a personal observation. For those who are familiar with hybrids and are still getting poor mileage, your issue is different. I just wanted to point out this aspect that others may not have considered.

Matt

Agreed. :rockon:  Plus, early adopters were in the winter/cooler months when mileage always suffers.  Folks in seasonal climes need to give the car a year to see how it handles each season.   For me, it going to be summer that will test the car as winters are mild here.  Personally, I can't wait till next winter when both me and the car will be well broken in so I will give you, Matt, a run for the money! :dogwalk:  OK, even I can't convince myself of that boast!  LOL   :sad:

I think the achilles heel of this Ford hybrid design is in heat recovery/management as Toyota has a leg up on everyone in that department.  That means shorter warmups, less restarts for cabin heat, and longer EV mode.