I have been trying to crop and shrink a photo to use for my Avatar, but I can't seem to get the photo down to 50kb.  Running a PC.  I have Photoshop Elements, and some other basic editors, but I am no expert in dealing with this stuff.  Not sure how to make the photo go down to size. 

Any ideas?

Jus is your friend!!!

If you still want to go solo, what I did was:

• Open the image in the Windows Paint program. To do this, tight-click the file in explorer and choose Open With.
  • On the toolbar at the top there is a Resize command.
  • At the bottom of the window, in the status bar, you should see the size of the image in KB.
  • I kept resizing the image until it was under the limit.  

I didn't realize that it didn't take the new size until after saved.  Jus, you can disregard, unless you want to fix it up better than my simple re-size.  Thanks.

That's Slowpoke, my cocker spaniel that you see with me in the pic.  He was supposed to be my first of many foster dogs.  Of course, I immediately got weak, and I couldn't go through with giving him away.  That was 2.5 years ago.  He drove from Miami to New Hampshire and back with me, last year.  I can't wait to take him on some great cross country trips in my new C-MAX!

I didn't realize that it didn't take the new size until after saved.  Jus, you can disregard, unless you want to fix it up better than my simple re-size.  Thanks.

That's Slowpoke, my cocker spaniel that you see with me in the pic.  He was supposed to be my first of many foster dogs.  Of course, I immediately got weak, and I couldn't go through with giving him away.  That was 2.5 years ago.  He drove from Miami to New Hampshire and back with me, last year.  I can't wait to take him on some great cross country trips in my new C-MAX!

Slowpoke looks like a winner.  When we adopted our Tinker from a foster home, there were six other dogs with her.  One little guy named George who was a chiuahua kept bouncing in the air about 3 feet up.  We were told he was a behaviour problem due to hyperactivity, but we have always regretted that we didn't take him too. I'm like you and would want to keep all the foster dogs.