My thoughts after owning a C-Max for one week

HPRifleman

I've passed the one week mark of ownership and thought I would pass on some things that I have noticed.

First, my daily one-way commute is about 7 miles of 40-45MPH roads. My last three segments along this route were:

6.9 miles

4.4 EV miles

52.2 MPG

6.9 miles

3.7 EV miles

48.8 MPG

6.9 miles

4.4 EV miles

53.4 MPG

So far I have 500 miles on the car.

Second, this past weekend I drove up to Wisconsin. This was a total trip of 343 miles with about 310 of these miles on the interstate. Speeds were 50-55 in the construction on I-90 and then 65+. Over the whole trip I got 41.7 MPG. I'm curious to know how this compares to the rest of you interstate drivers.

I'm not sure how you pulse and glide with traffic behind you and still remain a courteous driver.

Some miscelaneous thoughts in no particular order:

• I'm still trying to get used to pulling into and out of the garage in EV with only the sound of the tires on the concrete.
  • The front passenger compartment needs more storage cubbies for little things.
  • I found a big difference between mileage between 60-65 mph and 70-75 mph.
  • I am disapointed every time I come to a stop and the braking score is less than 100%. It's like driving a video game.
  • The voice recognition is impressive. Now I'm trying to learn what voice commands I can use and building my vocabulary.
  • The panoramic sunroof makes the car nice and bright. I just wish the front edge was a little more forward so I can see through the sunroof from the driver's seat.
  • EV+ took less than a week to recognize my home. Now when I pull into the neighborhood the car goes into EV automatically.

Glad your new ownership is a happy one!  Trust me, it only gets better.

I LOVE the sound of squeaky tires in the garage.  I have an epoxied floor and just cleaned it over the holiday weekend and boy they really squeak now!

You can make EV+ learn a spot instantly by powering the car on and off 11+ times in succession.  

Nice post HPRifleman!

I agree that the Panoramic roof should extend a little further forward - if only to enjoy the view when stopped at a light :)

I also agree that storage cubbies for little things is something that could improve the experience. For example, where do I put my cell phone so that it is accessible when it is plugged in and charging? The center console provides some slots that allow for a device to be outside the console when it is plugged in inside, but where to put the device?  When it is plugged in near the shifter, where to put it?   I might install a cradle to solve the problem, but it would have been nice to have a special place designed into the interior by default.

Diddo on the "video game" effect!  It certainly makes the car more interesting to drive.

• 4 weeks later...