Maxwell is HOME!!!!

Maxwell Silver Hammer arrived at my home (with me in it) at approximately 8 PM this evening.  My head is spinning!  Am loving it so far ... thankfully the woman who gave me a brief tech tutorial said, look ... here's Bluetooth ... talk ... forget about all the steering wheel, dashboard controls, etc. for now.  I am leaving for the Adirondacks early tomorrow so I needed a quick start.  This seems to work for me.  Have navigation set up and am ready to go! 

My only disappointment is that I learned (per salesman ... not the best I've known) that the SEL 302A does not have remote start or, at least, what I thought was remote start ... I have keyless, push button start but cannot actually start the car without getting in and hitting the brake.  Guess I was pretty stupid thinking that remote keyless entry meant remote start.  Oh well, live and learn, I have my rear camera, glass roof and everything else so I will get over it :-) Grew a lot of leaves driving home ... think I'm catching on!  Thanks to all of you and the info/advice you provide.  Have download the manual and will begin my learning process .... I would post a picture but am, honestly, teched-out ...

Maxwell Silver Hammer arrived at my home (with me in it) at approximately 8 PM this evening.  My head is spinning!  Am loving it so far ... thankfully the woman who gave me a brief tech tutorial said, look ... here's Bluetooth ... talk ... forget about all the steering wheel, dashboard controls, etc. for now.  I am leaving for the Adirondacks early tomorrow so I needed a quick start.  This seems to work for me.  Have navigation set up and am ready to go! 

My only disappointment is that I learned (per salesman ... not the best I've known) that the SEL 302A does not have remote start or, at least, what I thought was remote start ... I have keyless, push button start but cannot actually start the car without getting in and hitting the brake.  Guess I was pretty stupid thinking that remote keyless entry meant remote start.  Oh well, live and learn, I have my rear camera, glass roof and everything else so I will get over it :-) Grew a lot of leaves driving home ... think I'm catching on!  Thanks to all of you and the info/advice you provide.  Have download the manual and will begin my learning process .... I would post a picture but am, honestly, teched-out ...

In case you don't know, you can get Remote Start after the fact as an accessory.  It's an additional cost though.

Thanks, zhackwyatt .. I obviously didn't know that at the time although I wish the salesman had explained that it was an after the fact add-on as he knew I had it on my current car and would want that on any future car.  He did tell me when I picked it up that I could "now" have it added for around $300+.   Needless to say, my salesman was the least helpful person during this buying process.  However, sales manager, service and tech people were great.

On a more positive note ... Maxwell did just fine on his first big trip to the camp (180 miles RT).  Trip mileage, brand new, was 47.7 mpg.  That was a combination of highway, city and mountainous rural roads.  Was amazed I got such good mileage given that it had just 30 miles on it when I started the trip.  Thanks to all the info you on this forum have provided me during my 7 week wait, I guess I was able to pick up right away on the correct way to drive this hybrid.  It was an easy transition and a really enjoyable drive!  This car truly is a computer on wheels and I'm loving every minute of it :happy feet:

Edited by MaxwellHammer