CMax build dates in 2012

mtb9153

I just read a post about the possibility of Ford doing some tweaking to computers in later build date CMaxes?  My build date is September 2012 and hard as I try there seems to be no way I can come close to joining the 600 mile club.  Even with all the great knowledge and tips and tricks I'm getting from owners like Jus-A-Cmax.  I'm curious who else with a 2012 build date is struggling to realize high 40's and above mpg on a consistent day to day basis?  I'm really curious to know and what part of the country are you in?

I just read a post about the possibility of Ford doing some tweaking to computers in later build date CMaxes?  My build date is September 2012 and hard as I try there seems to be no way I can come close to joining the 600 mile club.  Even with all the great knowledge and tips and tricks I'm getting from owners like Jus-A-Cmax.  I'm curious who else with a 2012 build date is struggling to realize high 40's and above mpg on a consistent day to day basis?  I'm really curious to know and what part of the country are you in?

Like what salsaguy said it is probably dependent on driving style, weather, and type/speed roads you drive. My last 8 fuel ups have been in the low to mid 40s since the weather warmed up. It dropped to 38.9 when the weather cooled to low 40s for a few days. 2nd biggest hit in my mileage is using the highway. Since I drive to Toronto every weekend usually drop to low 40s or high 30s. I offset with city driving in my work commute where I average in the mid 50s.

Well I won't be using premium in my next tank like this last one.  Not worth the extra cost. This last tank isn't going to even last 500 miles.  At least with cheap regular my last 6 tanks were over 500 miles.  I'm using every fuel saver tip I've learned from this forum on the last 20+ tanks of gas.  This premium tank is shaping up to be my worst mileage to date.

Edited by mtb9153

Well I won't be using premium in my next tank like this last one.  Not worth the extra cost. This last tank isn't going to even last 500 miles.  At least with cheap regular my last 6 tanks were over 500 miles.  I'm using every fuel saver tip I've learned from this forum on the last 20+ tanks of gas.  This premium tank is shaping up to be my worst mileage to date.

Dude...did you send it in to have Ford take a look at it? Report back to us about what they find....

I'm sorry maybe I'm missing something but did I send in what to have Ford take a look at it?

I posted a reply to one of your post a few days ago suggesting you take your CMax to your Ford Service Advisor and complain about the recent poor mileage. They have the tools to diagnose and see whether you may have an issue with the engine or any other component that could be effecting mileage - thats an avenue worth exploring, no?

@jus - they may just laugh in their face and say "your mileage may vary".no way they can prove/test there is an issue with the car they can replicate or no way they will admit it with the open lawsuit issues regarding mpg right now, in case he had a hidden camera to show the news agencies of the issue to hurt Fords reputation.

Mine was built in Nov '12.  Fuelly is in my signature.  I live in Phoenix, AZ where it's going to be 106 tomorrow, so definitely be using A/C.  However for March/April, the weather is nice and doesn't require much HVAC.

was under the impression that the A/C was run off a electric motor so not sure how it would affect gas mileage as it does in normal cars. What am I missing

I posted a reply to one of your post a few days ago suggesting you take your CMax to your Ford Service Advisor and complain about the recent poor mileage. They have the tools to diagnose and see whether you may have an issue with the engine or any other component that could be effecting mileage - thats an avenue worth exploring, no?

Yes Jus it is worth exploring.  When it is in on the 4th I will tell them to take a look.  Thanks for suggesting