Other cars that remind me of the C-Max in shape

armoredsaint

I've only seen one CMax on the road (i think it was) to date so i keep looking for ones to spot and keep confusing it with all those Focuses on the road. so similar (its based off the Focus after all).

Need to keep reminding myself the max has the thinner eye slit looking treat lights.i think that is the best way to tell from afar. if course one you get close enough the huge letter C is the dead giveaway. if coming in the opposite direction it would be easy to notice that dual front grille opening.

I've only seen one CMax on the road (i think it was) to date so i keep looking for ones to spot and keep confusing it with all those Focuses on the road. so similar (its based off the Focus after all).

Need to keep reminding myself the max has the thinner eye slit looking treat lights.i think that is the best way to tell from afar. if course one you get close enough the huge letter C is the dead giveaway. if coming in the opposite direction it would be easy to notice that dual front grille opening.

i've had mine for 6 weeks now and only seen 2 others - being in sales i'm on the road a lot too. 

I think the new escape is extremely close.

The 2013 Escape is not just "close."  It's nearly identical in every way.

Q.:  Take a US C-max, remove the Hybrid powerplant and batteries and replace with a conventional 2-L I4, add the face and grille of the European C-max.  Now what have you got?

A:  A 2013 Escape.

Edited by Smiling Jack

Ok these acronyms are stumping me, what is BSOD's maybe I'm just dumb but I don't know what it means?  Some how I don't think it is good by the way it was being used in these conversations.

BSOD=blue screen of death  

A computer term most often associated with the Windows PC platform when a serious fault occurs.  That the MFT system, which is also based on a Microsoft product, is buggy and has been known to freeze makes this especially biting......  ;)

Yeah, the rear 3/4 view is especially close.  I sometimes need a double or even triple take to tell a difference from that angle.  I've learned to check for exhaust outlets cut into the rear bumper.

Q.:  Take a US C-max, remove the Hybrid powerplant and batteries and replace with a conventional 2-L I4, add the face and grille of the European C-max.  Now what have you got?

A:  A 2013 Escape.

truedat, the only way I can tell one from either from the rear is the bottom of the bumper bar (at a quick glance).

The C-Max has over a cubic foot more passenger space than the Escape. It's a fact.

Of course, the Escape has almost 50% more rear cargo capacity. Still it's just maybe a half foot longer, an inch wider and has an angrier front fascia than the C-Max. While I was waiting at the dealership for my salesman I sat in an Escape SE. The interior is identical to the C-Max SE, with the exception of less headroom in the Escape. The materials and everything else are pretty much the same.

I often think I see a C-Max and it turns out to be an Escape.  I've learned some quick tricks to tell them apart.  From the back, the Escape has two prominent tailpipes.  The C-Max has only one and it's almost hidden.  From the front, the Escape has a more rectangular grill.