I need advice on transmission please!

I have a 2013 CMax SE and I LOVE IT.  I have 87k on it.  Heard high pitch noise under hood.  Had leaking fluid from transmission involving CV shaft.  Car still makes whizzing noise and dealer said damage to pumps due to no fluid in transmission cause it and may run 20k up to 75k and then quit.  I am tempted to install another transmission because I don't want to worry about it dying somewhere in traffic, etc.  (single woman).  Should I invest in a 2018 Max or just buy something else OR install a new transmission?  I read about people on here having 250k on their max.  I want to be one of those people.

Cmax lover,

Tough call.  In general, if you love your cmax and it's in very good shape and well maintained, I'd price a new tranny (hopefully one having a 3 year warranty or so) and if the price is reasonable, pull the trigger given you'll likely get 200K on it.  If you want something newer, I'd look at used 2016, 2017, and 2018 cmaxes since those transmissions are purportedly 'better' (although my 2017/2018s were not).

At this point, if my 2018 cmax crapped its tranny again, I'd want a 2017 energi, but that's me.  

Greg