Now this is more like it

mtb9153

Ok I decided to take a drive up the west side of the SF bay this afternoon to try and use up the remaining 41miles showing till empty on my last tank.  I got as far north as South San Francisco and still had probably enough to get across the Oakland Bay Bridge into Oakland without running out.  But I was too chicken to go for it because you can't stop on the bridge for any reason however if I ran out of gas unless batteries would get me off the bridge on the Oakland side ...well I just didn't want to go there so I refueled.  However the next tank is not a full tank since for some reason the bozo behind the cash register would not allow me more than $40, which didn't fill the tank.  So now fuelly will have to compensate for the partial tank. which doesn't raise my numbers I guess :(

So when I got back home the attached pictures are what my screen recorded for the trip around the bay.  I like these numbers allot better than my last two tanks.  The Max goes into the dealer tomorrow for the MFT upgrades which will be nice.  I'm going to mention to the SA that my mileage is very erratic and has been for the last 20+ tanks.  We'll see what they find and tell me.

Nice, mtb! Those are some impressive numbers, esp since you live in an uber-hilly area. (But I guess most natives know how to get around without climbing all the hills?) I'd be curious to see what the dealer says about erratic FE. I got the upgrade today and am loving some of the bugs now fixed!

Ok I decided to take a drive up the west side of the SF bay this afternoon to try and use up the remaining 41miles showing till empty on my last tank.  I got as far north as South San Francisco and still had probably enough to get across the Oakland Bay Bridge into Oakland without running out.  But I was too chicken to go for it because you can't stop on the bridge for any reason however if I ran out of gas unless batteries would get me off the bridge on the Oakland side ...well I just didn't want to go there so I refueled.  However the next tank is not a full tank since for some reason the bozo behind the cash register would not allow me more than $40, which didn't fill the tank.  So now fuelly will have to compensate for the partial tank. which doesn't raise my numbers I guess :(

So when I got back home the attached pictures are what my screen recorded for the trip around the bay.  I like these numbers allot better than my last two tanks.  The Max goes into the dealer tomorrow for the MFT upgrades which will be nice.  I'm going to mention to the SA that my mileage is very erratic and has been for the last 20+ tanks.  We'll see what they find and tell me.

There is a way to mark the tank as partial in fuelly.

I know Salsaguy that there's room for improvement, but around here it's hard to keep those brake scores in line.  Just when I get all three scores at their max line some jerk comes along and forces me to slam on the brakes to keep from a rear end collision.  There goes my brake score.  Not that I'm a tailgater because I'm not.  I've been in too many rear enders in the course of my driving since high school.  Sadly I admit many where my fault.  So if anything I'm over cautious now and when ever I see brake lights coming on ahead of me I slam on the brakes out of instinct.  There goes my brake score.  My wife says I have an excellent reaction time for avoiding a bad situation.  Very quick to swerve or slam the brakes when needed.

stay safe mtb.

if you have a smart phone check out the state farm app called "Driver Feedback"

you dont have to be a member to use it.

it's a cool app to test your driving habits like the cmax does, but has cornering which the cmax doesnt.

you start it right before you head out. you can create multiple "trips/routes" and try to beat your best overall score on each trip.

you can have multiple users to see who in your family is the best driver.

it measures your:

1) acceleration

2) Braking

3) Cornering

you get a score for each one and an overall combined score. you can compare scores. on the website it shows you can view your trip on the map but i couldn't find that anywhere on my app.

braking is the hardest score to get a high value on.

statefarm.com/driverfeedback

the website only shows the apple iPhone version but the android version is available in the Google Play store.

check it out.

i think this app combined with the CMax coach, you should be able to increase your score.

just be sure to turn on your GPS on your smartphone before you use this app

Edited by salsaguy