how to trace my new c-max factory order

tocoty

on may 15, 2013 i placed a factory order for a new c-max sel with 302A option group.

i have seen on some other forum posts that new owners are able to know the status of when their c-max production run is scheduled and when it it shipped.

anyone know how I can tap into such info on my factory order?

thanks in advance

My dealer called me at each step:

• Ordered from Ford
  • Build Date
  • VIN
  • Hold for Random Testing
  • Rail Yard
  • At Dealer

Most dealers are interested in you staying enthusiastic over the long wait.  Otherwise, they would lose a deal more often.  I'd be surprised if they don't update you, or at least give you an update when you call to request status.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

• 2 weeks later...

I have been checking for the window sticker for the past two weeks. Nothing, just a blank screen. Stopped by the dealer yesterday, was told car was being built this week. Asked for a copy of window sticker said it was not a available, but car should be here the around July 7. Do not know if I can wait that long.

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to track, if your dealer isn't giving you the information you want, is via Twitter.  Ford has an excellent customer service staff that monitors the @FordService account Monday to Friday, 8AM to 8PM Eastern time.  If you have your dealer code and order number, they can look up your VIN, otherwise they can give you the estimated build date and arrival date at the dealership.

YAY!!! Congrats SOMD!

I think there is a thread about that.......what to do when you pick up your c-max, or something like that. I'm at work and can't dig for it. If no one else chimes in with the link, I'll check when I get home.

Have fun!!