My Max Has Turned Two Months

Red Twin

Two Months.  3300 Miles with 1354 of those as EV miles.  My Lifetime mileage is at 44.9 MPG, close enough to the EPA number that I can not complain.  So we cannot be happier, what a fun car to drive.  Thank you to the more experiance owners that have taught me their secrect to the higher milage returns.

I have found my sweet spot is between 59-61 MPH.  at that speed I will get 46-49 MPG on my Daily Commute.

Running without AC will boost my MPG by 1-3 MPGs.

I have drove Max on three of my favorite motorcycle roads and have found the car to be really good fun on the twisties.  No issues with the steering.  In fact I have enjoyed the steering more than the steering in the Mini Cooper.  The Car just goes where you point it.

I am glad I got the car UnderCoated when I bought it.  There is a big difference in the lack of road noise because of that addition, worth the cost.

Granted, we have only had the car for two months, but I will say, the Honeymoon just has not ended.

Nobody ever mentioned undercoating to me.  Was that a dealer option, or did you get it done after purchase?

I installed Dynamat in my last car, and it not only helped with noise reduction, but it also made the car cool faster (and the A/C work less) due to increased insulation.  I started thinking about having it installed in the C-MAX, but I got concerned about this possibly affecting the noise canceling system.  Also, the C-MAX is already quite quiet.

On the other hand, if the undercoating is an easy addition to the underside, then it's something I might consider.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Nobody ever mentioned undercoating to me.  Was that a dealer option, or did you get it done after purchase?

I installed Dynamat in my last car, and it not only helped with noise reduction, but it also made the car cool faster (and the A/C work less) due to increased insulation.  I started thinking about having it installed in the C-MAX, but I got concerned about this possibly affecting the noise canceling system.  Also, the C-MAX is already quite quiet.

On the other hand, if the undercoating is an easy addition to the underside, then it's something I might consider.

It was a dealer option.  I had it done to my Truck when I bought it new and did not see one bit of rust in it's ten years with me.  So it was a no brainer to have it done again.

how do you know the under coating works if you didn't compare for months without it and then after?

can you have it done after you buy it at a cheaper price than the dealer jacked up costs?

Had it done to my 2003 F250 Diesel when I bought it new saw no reason not to have it done again with my new Max.   My Undercoating comparison was done between my 6 week C-Max rental which was a straight SEL.  Once I returned home and I was driving my Max again, it was very noticable how quite my Max was compared to the rental.

As for the Dealer installed options.  Once I factored in overall cost, convienance, loss of car and the time it would have taken for the multible installations. It really was easier to  purchase my options from the Dealer and let them do it.