First 500+ Mile Tank

Red Twin

I did my first 500 Mile Tank this week.  Put 11.89 gallons of gas on 532 miles for a MPG of 44.8.  I could not be happier with my milage.  I have 4300 miles on my Max, and the MPG keeps going up.  Here are some things I have noticed:

1.  Best mileage is with no AC and the window down, which is fine going to work in the Morning.

2.  Get very good Milage in the Morning driving at 70MPH and only lose about .1 MPG indicated.  But, I make that up on the second half of my commute where I gain the milage back on 35-50 MPH Secondary Road portion of my commute.  37 miles on the Freeway and about 25 miles on Secondary Roads.

3. Afternoons after work on the way home, the AC comes on if the Temps are above 80.  I will lose .2 MPGs if I run with traffic, at 70.  However, I will keep my MPGs with the AC on if I run at between 59-60 MPH.

4. Thank you Recumpence on your Post on finding your sweet spot.  I continue to experiment with different speeds, and I found I like keep the Max in Engage.

Next Challenge... My first 600 mile tank.