Random Beep

It has only happened perhaps one time per week.  It is a tone that does not sound like other tones; totally different pitch (much higher than other tones), etc.

I think that it has only happened when I am the sound system is on.  I think, from what I recall, that it was while listening to an FM station in HD.  It could be that it would happen on any frequency, and maybe even Sirius.  I don't know, because I mostly listen to NPR if I am not streaming via Bluetooth.  I don't think that I have heard it while streaming.

No icons light up, and no apparent issues with anything.  I suspect that it is just something dealing with the signal compression/conversion, etc. 

Has anybody experienced this?

It has only happened perhaps one time per week.  It is a tone that does not sound like other tones; totally different pitch (much higher than other tones), etc.

I think that it has only happened when I am the sound system is on.  I think, from what I recall, that it was while listening to an FM station in HD.  It could be that it would happen on any frequency, and maybe even Sirius.  I don't know, because I mostly listen to NPR if I am not streaming via Bluetooth.  I don't think that I have heard it while streaming.

No icons light up, and no apparent issues with anything.  I suspect that it is just something dealing with the signal compression/conversion, etc. 

Has anybody experienced this?

I'm assuming you've already ruled out the forward and rear sensing systems?

Sometimes when I'm stopped at a light, the forward system will beep for no reason.  I'm thinking it's a bug or something flying around in the front, I dunno.

uh could be signal switching in and out and cant lock on...or who knows nothing in the manual? obviously doesn't happen enough to record it for dealer investigation. wasn't there strange beeps, hisses, pops reported here  / discovered after the 3.5.1 update was installed??

maybe post question on the Ford or CMax Facebook site.

Edited by salsaguy

Ihave had that. It happenswhenI am in Sirius with alerts on and repeat. It seems that it records the sound of an alert, so you hear the beep, but cannot see the alert because it is only a recording. I don't get it anymore since my Sirius ran out.