There's good news and there's bad news

Well, I just returned from Service. It only took 3 hours to have both software updates installed. (Phone/Nav and Liftgate). The MFT screen now shows outdoor temp in large letters next to the clock. Nice. The Homescreen has a small icon at the bottom-small leaf it seems-which will indicate an energy flow screen. Nice but not essential. No surprise that all my Favorites in Navigation have to be reprogrammed. But I couldn't complete HOME as it wouldn't allow me to insert street number. The number screen was blank. So I had to go to Sync-not good. I haven't tried the system so that remains an unknown and hopefully I won't have any further problems with the phone connectivity nor Liftgate. ( Haven't tried #of kicks yet). I'd be interested to know if anyone who has had updates has experienced something similar. )

Well, I just returned from Service. It only took 3 hours to have both software updates installed. (Phone/Nav and Liftgate). The MFT screen now shows outdoor temp in large letters next to the clock. Nice. The Homescreen has a small icon at the bottom-small leaf it seems-which will indicate an energy flow screen. Nice but not essential. No surprise that all my Favorites in Navigation have to be reprogrammed. But I couldn't complete HOME as it wouldn't allow me to insert street number. The number screen was blank. So I had to go to Sync-not good. I haven't tried the system so that remains an unknown and hopefully I won't have any further problems with the phone connectivity nor Liftgate. ( Haven't tried #of kicks yet). I'd be interested to know if anyone who has had updates has experienced something similar. )

I had trouble with an address that I had to re-enter after the update.  It also wouldn't show some of the numbers on the street I needed so I went on the internet to Mapquest.com and sent it to sync services.  The next time I got in the car there it was.  Then I added it to my favorites.  I'm skipping some steps but basically Mapquest.com can always find the address you're looking for.  I don't have the liftgate kick option so I don't know about that.  

I had trouble with an address that I had to re-enter after the update.  It also wouldn't show some of the numbers on the street I needed so I went on the internet to Mapquest.com and sent it to sync services.  The next time I got in the car there it was.  Then I added it to my favorites.  I'm skipping some steps but basically Mapquest.com can always find the address you're looking for.  I don't have the liftgate kick option so I don't know about that.  

Thanks for your response. Beware what you wish for. I never had Nav problems prior to update.

erwhitham I think it will all be good.  We don't have the upgrade and ours works well 99% of the time.  We have had a couple of entry of data glitches like you mention over the past six months, but they all have resolved when we have turned the car off and gone back to it the next morning.  I always got the impression that somehow the system was getting overloaded at that particular moment when we couldn't enter what we were trying to enter.  Sure will be nice to have the outside temp. more visible.  Wish there was a way to save all the favourites and then download them instead of re-entering everything all over again.

Heh heh, it's been -8- hours and I still don't have the car back.  Just called the dealer, the tech guy has had problems with the dealer internet connection driopping.  'It's about 70% done,' and he swears I'll have it back today.  Well, if the connection stops dropping.

Heh heh, it's been -8- hours and I still don't have the car back.  Just called the dealer, the tech guy has had problems with the dealer internet connection driopping.  'It's about 70% done,' and he swears I'll have it back today.  Well, if the connection stops dropping.

Seems to be a common theme here! I wish there were a better way of getting this upgrade! Or scheduling with the Ford server a time to download. Maybe there are too many downloading at once? Sheesh!!

Seems to be a common theme here! I wish there were a better way of getting this upgrade! Or scheduling with the Ford server a time to download. Maybe there are too many downloading at once? Sheesh!!

What is the build date on your car - 11/24/12?  1/24/13?  Your profile says 11.24.13