Windshield washer and "lights on when raining" feature.

Mike

About a month ago I found that my windshield washer was not spraying.  I added washer fluid to discover it pouring onto the ground.  Turns out the connection between the hose and the washer pump had become disconnected.  The dealer "fixed" it but it was still leaking when I went to pick it up.  They looked again and said they needed to order a new pump.  They got and installed the new pump but lost the o-ring for the connection.  They ordered the o-ring but it has been on backorder for several weeks now.  According to the dealer, there appears to be an issue and a necessary redesign which is the holdup for them getting the new o-ring.

I miss having a windshield washer!!

Anybody else have this problem?

On an unrelated note, my headlights do not automatically come on when raining.  They never have.  I've turned the feature off and on several times through the settings, but no luck.  The dealer claims to have fixed it but it still doesn't work.  I read about somebody else having the same problem.  Can anybody verify that this feature actually works for them?

Just curious, what is your build date. I have not had any difficulties so far with mine built in early Feb 2013. There are a couple of threads about Auto Lights with Auto Wipers, Manual Says they will work, experience says they don't. The Auto Lights do work when using constant speed or quick speed manual modes.

If you want to know more about Auto Wipers Auto Lights check the other threads.

Mine was built mid-September.  I've had my share of issues with the car, but nothing major (knock on wood).  I had the lift-gate issue which now appears to be fixed after the TSB action, and the 3.5.1 update helped My Ford Touch a bit (but is still far from perfect).  I had the recurring check-engine light as a result of the evap problem with the fuel filler neck, but they replaced it with an updated part and that problem hasn't yet resurfaced.  Now if I could just have working windshield washers and properly operating auto-lights.....