Finally saw our first one in Vancouver

We finally saw our first C-Max in the wild in Vancouver!  It has been 7 months since we bought ours and this is the first one we have seen, BUT it was a little weird in the end.  We went for ice cream as it is a hot day today and pulled into a parking lot by a local ice cream shop.  Sitting there was a shiny red C-Max SE.  I got so excited and told my husband to hurry and get his iphone camera.  He snapped a couple of photos, we got our ice cream, and ate it in the car hoping the red C-Max owners would appear.  It turns out they were in the ice cream shop too and eventually came out.  I was so excited that I greeted them with enthusiasm, but I think they thought we were stalking them or something!  They were cold as ice and barely acknowledged us and looked at us oddly.  I think they must have watched the picture taking and I had walked around their car admiring it.  Geez I was all set to talk mileage, upgrades etc and even invite them home for dinner LOL.  They were older and rather prim in manner.  Oh well next time I will be calmer and not so over the top friendly.  On the forum we are all so friendly and ready to share info. I guess I forgot not everyone is the same.  Lesson learned eh?

great story Laurel. yeah in the confines of the internet "everyone" is your friend.but in reality I'm sure many of us forum members would not get along at all, some would even hate each other in some cases.

if anyone has ever tried using a phone or internet dating site, I'm sure you could relate. so many people on those sites fall in love over the phone/net but when they finally meet for the first time for real, they wonder what the heck happened and have no desire to even speak with the person let alone go on a date with them (no spark, passion, love, romance, mutual attraction, etc.). you read about this all the time.

yeah we have to remember there are many more non forum cmax owners out there than there are forum members. i think most folks would not like someone "casing" their car, even if they were part of the same group of people who happened to drive the same kind of car. be safe and cautious. we don't want to hear about how a c-max owner was beaten senseless by another owner. not good publicity for this car for sure!  :)

Edited by salsaguy

That's sad Laurel.  I met a C-Max owner and had a similar experience but the man was at least more talkative.  I've also seen other Max's on the road and waved like crazy without any acknowledgment.  Just drive to Roanoke Virginia and I'll chat and talk mileage with you  :shift: !  

Laurel, sorry to hear of the less than expected reception.  We have been in your 'neighborhood' twice now, so perhaps next time it will be us you see.  We like the ice cream/gelato stop in Ocean Park, west of White Rock.  Better luck next time, I've got to believe you will see many more someday soon.  Nick

The next one that I see I will be calm cool and collected, and assess the lay of the land before I interact with them.  I think the couple we bumped into were an exception with their flatness, but the taking of pictures probably freaked them.