Any Chance for 700?

ScubaDadMiami

This is only my second tank of fuel.  Right now, I am at about 620 miles, with the Range showing about 40 miles, and I am still in the yellow on the gas gauge.  (I could be off a little on the numbers, but I the math comes to about 660 or 665.)  Tank Average is 50.0, though it bounces back a tenth or two in one direction of my daily commute.

Is there any shot for 700?  How far past 0 Range can we go?  Remember, I use air conditioning 100 percent of the time (73F).  So, throw in the fudge factor for that in your calculation.

I definitely was on the way to 700.  Unfortunately, the Fourth of July holiday killed my chance.  I went on the highway, and I went to unfamiliar areas. 

Ugh!  :sad:

First off sounds like you are doing great for just getting the car. I suggest you look at the trip counter you are using for this tank. It will show you miles driven, avg MPG and gas used. Compare the gas used to your last fillup. The difference should give you how far you can go +or- 15 miles

E.G. My Last (and First) 700+ tank

I knew I had put 12.57 gallons at my last fill up so that is where I called it a tank. I probably had another .93 gallons but I did not want to test that limit. Good luck but like I said above this is  a great start on your MPG OCD journey. Check out the 600+ thread for useful info and encouragement.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1025-600mile-cmax-club/

Good Luck

Edited by frbill

My numbers come from the Trip screen plus the Range screen.

I filled this tank after I was in the yellow on my last tank, as soon as I crossed 600+.  That was my first and only tank.  So, this is unknown territory.  While I was in the yellow, I needed about 12.6 gallons, from my recollection.

Sounds like I won't make it.  Maybe I will be able to hit 700 after I break in the C-MAX a little more.  No way will I turn off the air conditioning to try to make it.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami