got my VIn ...now what???

tocoty

I got my VIN today along with projected delivery date of 8/5 13 ( ordered may 17, 2013).

when I put my VIN into the "tracking" system found via this site ...in order to get my window sticker, i get a message that such VIN is not in their system. Anyone have any ideas what i need to do next to find window sticker and start tracking production and delivery.

thanks so much....

Keep checking for your window sticker every day...one day, magically, it will appear, with a build date on it!  Generally, the window sticker will become available 1-2 weeks before your build date.

After that, if you have Twitter, send a direct message (DM) to @FordService with your VIN, and they can give you an ETA to your dealer.  If you want even more detail, join Blue Oval Forums, make 15 (useful) posts, and post your VIN in the Tracking Requests forum, generously run by user cyberdman.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum! :)

We ordered May 9. It is set to be built July 15, with eta of 8/15. I got this info and our vin from the Ford twitter mentioned by Madmanmoon. I got it from them before the dealer had the info. The dealer has verified it, but cannot verify the delivery date. Ford twitter said our window sticker should be available by 7/13. As of yet, it is not there, and I get the same message as the OP.

Now you wait.....and wait....and annoy your friends, family and co-workers while you wait some more.

In my case I had my VIN within a week or so of ordering.  My dealer was able to eventually tell me my build date about a month into things, but my window sticker didn't magically appear until about a week before the build date.  After my window sticker was available, my dealer was able to give me an estimated delivery date and after my build, they were able to give me updates about transit.  On Friday,the day my car arrived, I sent the dealer their daily "stalker, checking in!" e-mail and they confirmed it was still scheduled for the following Monday.  A few hours later I got a call from my dealer.  They still had their dealer prep and window tint to do, but they let me drop by for a visit on my way home from work that night

Congrats on your order - enjoy annoying people while you wait!