I'm In...

pequeajim

I was debating buying the C-MAX for several months.  I had a 2010 gen III Prius and have been very happy with the technology and MPGs for that car.  I have been commuting 57 miles to work every day and put 78k miles on the Prius in three years.  It has served me well, but as I am getting older, and being over six foot with a very tall torso, I found that it was getting increasingly harder to get in and out of the car.

The C-MAX is very easy for me to get into, I love the visability over the Prius, and it "feels" more solid/quieter.  I am about to change work locations, (15 miles), so I really don't care about the MPG difference so much.  Had it not been for the job location change, I would have perservered with the Prius a bit longer.  I was all excited about the Energi, but after seeing teh storage, (or lack of it), in the trunk, I opted for the Hybrid.  I am giving up some storage in the back as it is already, didn't want to go that far.

Here is a picture of my C-MAX.  It is a SEL, with a bunch of goodies.  I did not want a sun roof, so I was lucky to find this one.

Looking forward to chatting with you all to learn more about my car.

Jim

post-1272-0-05425100-1374367633_thumb.jpg

Edited by pequeajim

Settled on the C Max, (notice i use the word 'settled", I forgot how many forms you have to sign.).

Any way, while driving, I was mildly watching my economy gauge, and so far after almost half a tank, I am averaging arounf 40.5 mpg.  I don't know how some people are getting 50+  Must be driving downhill all day.  Anyway, this is about what I expected. I live in central PA, which ranges from hilly to mountains, so I'm not complaining.

The car did not come with the latest software update, and I'm going to wait for a little bit before applying it.  I almost trust myself to do this if I could, but will let the dealer practice on other customers before i tak mine i to the shop.

Edited by pequeajim

Welcome. Enjoyed your comments Jim. When I first 'fell into' a C-Max, and I say that kindly, I was astounded - how could it be so easy / why aren't all cars this easy, or at least more of them. Still love the entry, and I'm only 6'1". I fully expected only about 38 mpg, and am now teetering on 44 (lifetime shows 46 & still climbing). I find it easy to get 45 to 60 around town & in rural settings, but guess I'm only getting about 42-44 on freeway. Yes, seems like a very solid ride. Wish the left armrest was designed for a real arm. Enjoy. Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

I am up to about 42 or so right now.  I have "refined" my entry technique when getting into the car so that I can zip in and out of the car very quickly.  I picked up some bad habits in the Prius.  I filled up this morning, and reset the trip and got 45.6 going to work.  I was seriously hypergliding and paying special attention to staying in EV a long as i could.  Plus I tried to stay at 60mph on the turnpike which is about 85% of my commute each day.

GOOD NEWS!  I am being moved to an office that is much closer to home; (no more hour and 15 minute commuting).  The trip to the new office will take about 15-20 minutes, all country roads, mostly flat, which is unusual for this area.

Edited by pequeajim

you will soon be getting crazy mpg numbers like Jus-a-c-max (70-80+ mpg) with your new commute. glad for you.report back. yes others have said you can't drive the cmax like you did the Prius A's it's totally different programming and this is not a nimh battery but instead a lithium ion type so it will use EV mode differently. goal is the same but route to get there may not be. cheers