Well, today is the day.....

I'm off to the dealership in about half an hour to meet with the team of engineers from Ford. I have my timeline, some posts from others with the same/similar problem, and my iPad, so I can show them a video of a 2013 Ford Escape that does the same thing.

Now, if only mine will *perform* when I go out to start it......

Y'all wish me luck!

Bingo! No SYNC when I started the car! 4 engineers and a Field Service Engineer later.....they are taking downloaded data back to analyze. In the meantime, they are going to replace the ACM.

What is the ACM?  Likely something to do with air conditioning?  Is it a big job?  Poor little Jelly.

Bingo! No SYNC when I started the car! 4 engineers and a Field Service Engineer later.....they are taking downloaded data back to analyze. In the meantime, they are going to replace the ACM.

Yea!! Hopefully that will be the last fix you need.

You seem to have had one of, if not the worst, issue with this. You've taken one for the team,  and gave them more information to analyze to improve the cars!

She's being a little evasive:  because I'm experiencing the same problem I tagged along at the dealership and when I arrived there were a half-dozen or so engineers and service personnel cowering and cringing in a corner of the service bay.  Once Adair put down the bullwhip they jumped all over her car with their laptops. 

Joking aside, it was gratifying to see so much computing power and so much concern by the engineers.  They're obviously trying to solve the issue and I wish 'em well.

My audio goes off once in a while, especially when the car has been sitting in the heat for a while. Think I need a new ACM?

Well, it would look into it, but it took me 3 months of failures to get to that point. At least now engineering has some history from my car to refer to. Good luck!

Work order concerning the freeze-up said 'SOP Part on Backorder', and the Service Advisor seemed well aware of the problem when I told him...although his eyes did get bigger when I mentioned your letter to Alan Mulally, Adair.  Headliner and 2 updates were all done in about 4 hours.  No idea on the timeframe for the part, which I am assuming is the APM.  Oddly enough, after parking in the sun two times today at 70+ degrees, the audio system fired right up.

Edited by JAZ