Just Joined

YakMax

After spending months reading reviews about the 2013 Ford C-Max and going to the November Seattle car show, I was convinced that the C-max was a great little car for my wife to do in town commuting and an occasional road trip. Then March of this year rolled around and the Consumer Reports article surfaced which called into question Ford`s claim for fuel mileage. My confidence was shaken and having never owned a Ford product, I decided to further read everything I could find on this car. That is when I found this forum which changed my mind.

After numerous painful trips to several dealerships, we finally bought my wife her first new car and she couldn`t be happier! We have put 1100 miles on the car and our life time average is 39.5 which seems to be inching up week by week. For what we needed, we opted to buy the SE model, light tan interior in Platinum white which we found at a Seattle dealer. 

I want to thank the many posters who have taken the time to further my knowledge of this car and the possibilities that it holds. I have spent countless hours on this site soaking up all the experiences and information that has been posted. Thank you to administrators who have added so much to this forum. :worship:

I did the same thing you did. I checked all of the reports and tests on the C Max. I found this forum and started reading all of the posts. So when Consumer reports said 38 mpg. I knew that was wrong. After hearing the time to delivery when ordering I went in and ordered mine in February. Got mine in mid March. Love it. Started out in cold weather and break in period getting 40+

5500 miles later getting 46 to 49 on the highway. The more you drive your mileage will go up and EV+ will activate as you get 1/4 mile from your frequent destinations. Don't forget to get your software update so you can get into EV up to 85 mph.

Congrats on your new car.

Welcome YakMax! We are glad you have found our little forum to be helpful. Funny, some have said that forums like this are a place to come vent. I never saw this one that way. I saw/see it as a place to come learn from people with waaaay more knowledge than I have, and the hopefully pass some of that on to the next wave.

Glad to have you here

After spending months reading reviews about the 2013 Ford C-Max and going to the November Seattle car show, I was convinced that the C-max was a great little car for my wife to do in town commuting and an occasional road trip. Then March of this year rolled around and the Consumer Reports article surfaced which called into question Ford`s claim for fuel mileage. My confidence was shaken and having never owned a Ford product, I decided to further read everything I could find on this car. That is when I found this forum which changed my mind.

After numerous painful trips to several dealerships, we finally bought my wife her first new car and she couldn`t be happier! We have put 1100 miles on the car and our life time average is 39.5 which seems to be inching up week by week. For what we needed, we opted to buy the SE model, light tan interior in Platinum white which we found at a Seattle dealer. 

I want to thank the many posters who have taken the time to further my knowledge of this car and the possibilities that it holds. I have spent countless hours on this site soaking up all the experiences and information that has been posted. Thank you to administrators who have added so much to this forum. :worship:

Looking at your user name, you're not from Yakima are you?

BTW Welcome to the club

Welcome to the forum YakMax  :victory:

Most of posters here in the know don't really care of the CR and their testing and if you read it enough, their testing and conclusions are bordering on either bias or willful ignorance, as much as they tout that they have :airquote: skin in the game with their car purchase. Sure. Anyway, I digress...enhoy the forum and feel free to contribute with postings or pictures.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Looking at your user name, you're not from Yakima are you?

BTW Welcome to the club

Sorry, my username is not very original but yes I am from Yakima. I really did not have much hope of finding a C-Max at a local dealer so that is why my purchase was in Seattle! BTW, thanks for the welcome!

Sorry, my username is not very original but yes I am from Yakima. I really did not have much hope of finding a C-Max at a local dealer so that is why my purchase was in Seattle! BTW, thanks for the welcome!

For servicing, Legacy Ford in Pasco does a great job. You schedule in advance all services with them which can be beneficial.

The Service Advisor we go through is Jere Gorsline, as he seems to be the most knowledgable about the C-Max & is very personable. In fact you can mention TSBs & Recalls to him, & if he hasn't heard about it, he'll look into it.

Edited by mnrobitaille

Welcome to the forum YakMax  :victory:

Most of posters here in the know don't really care of the CR and their testing and if you read it enough, their testing and conclusions are bordering on either bias or willful ignorance, as much as they tout that they have :airquote: skin in the game with their car purchase. Sure. Anyway, I digress...enhoy the forum and feel free to contribute with postings or pictures.

Concerning reviews, I say don't trust them period.

For servicing, Legacy Ford in Pasco does a great job. You schedule in advance all services with them which can be beneficial.

I bought my Energi from Robberson Ford in Bend Oregon, but they traded a pickup to get me the car from Legacy up in Pasco.

I bought my Energi from Robberson Ford in Bend Oregon, but they traded a pickup to get me the car from Legacy up in Pasco.

Legacy Ford was an early adopter to EVs/Hybrids, as they're now a Certified EV Dealership. On the lot right now, they have 2 Focus Electrics, 1-2 Fusion Energis, & 3 C-Max Energis. The owner does a lot of Barrett-Jackson as he's brought in some of those cars for display. Actually, in some ways, Legacy Ford is a better dealership than Russ Dean Ford (which was the previous ownership/name).

We used to have 2 Ford dealerships in Tri-Cities (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland), but the other dealership couldn't compete as Lithia pulled it's Ford dealership out & turned it into a Honda dealership. The next closest Ford dealerships are in Moses Lake, Prosser, & Hermiston now.