Beetle Owner That May Become C-MAX Owner

APezz

Hello!

I've already learned a ton during a couple days reading this forum.  Everyone is so helpful and knowledgable!

It's with a heavy heart that I search for a replacement for my 12-year old Beetle.  It runs great but the interior is falling apart; I've resorted to Gorilla Glue to hold things together!

As a photographer with a degree in Environmental Science, I've decided to purchase either a design car, like the Beetle (but with more cargo space), or a hybrid.  I put a 16.5' kayak on top and a ton of photography gear in the back. Kate Spade has yet to design a car for me, so I'm considering the MINI Clubman, the FIAT 500L and the C-MAX.  After reading this forum, I"m pretty sold on the C-MAX SE with the 203A package (I don't want leather).

:camera: Amy

Welcome Amy!   I don't recall where but there's been someone here who's put a huge kayak on top too.   The CMax will hold a lot of photogear or other items.   The hands free liftgate is a nice feature for that; something to consider.  I added a hitch and cargo carrier for even more capability.  

7c86ba10-38ee-484b-a3bb-dfb8535f4ace_zps

974B289E-2404-4A0D-958A-CCABFEF6D638-453

The CMax is a swiss-knife on wheels!   :)

The CMax is a swiss-knife on wheels!   :)

Well said Doug! And Welcome Amy! You came to the right place for info on your future car! Let us know when you make your decision, and if you resort to ordering, we'll be here to sweat it out with you :victory:

Amy, welcome to the forum  :)

This may be of interest to you: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2199-kayak-rack-questions/?do=findComment&comment=21661

You may want to search out cncgeek's threads, he does alot of racking related postings which will be beneficial to you.

Enjoy the forum and see you in the Highest MPG and 600+ Mile CMax clubs when you get your new :flirt: baby   :victory:

Amy, that is a nice looking Beetle!  12 years, looks new (te he, :cry:), also looks like Blue Candy!

Since we are talking load carrying, (kayaks, mulch, pavers, carriers, how about wheel barrows.  No I have not yet, but I did measure a full sized wheel barrow, and it would fit as well, just saying.......... 

Go for it,

Nick  

PS  Yes the full size wheel barrow fits like a charm - it actually looks small in there! (go for two? jk) Photos later.  (time to start a thread on 'packing out' your C-Max)

Edited by C-MaxSeattle