MFT complaint

Does anybody else get really annoyed when you are trying to voice command something to the system and it doesn't understand you and goes into that long dissertation that you can always connect with www.syncmyride and on and on when all you want to do it shut her up and get on with your input?  Drives me bonkers and I want to shoot the MFT rather than listen to that long message.  But I did find that if I push the right paddle again it will stop and restart the voice interface.  Praise GOD!

Isn't there an 'Advanced' mode under settings that eliminates much of her babble?

"voice settings" pause "interaction mode advanced".  She'll basically talk less.  Instead of "say a command" after you hit the button, you'll just hear the ding.

You can choose it through the settings menu too.

I try using voice commands for everything.  I have very good to excellent results.  If you do it all the time, it gets better and easier.

Here are my everyday commands:

Show Map

Audio On/Audio Off

Bluetooth Audio (for streaming from my phone)

Play/Stop/Next

91.3 (NPR via FM)

NPR Now (via Sirius)

Listen (to text message)

Call XYZ: On Cell/At Home/At Work

Destination: Street Address/POI

Temperature X Degrees

That isn't very many to remember, especially if they are commands that you use all the time.

Here is a great one that I got during my Synch Session:  Show Vegetarian Restaurants

Really, the only time I have problems with recognition is for street addresses.  Other than that, I get quite good results.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

I try using voice commands for everything.  I have very good to excellent results.  If you do it all the time, it gets better and easier.

Here are my everyday commands:

Show Map

Audio On/Audio Off

Bluetooth Audio (for streaming from my phone)

Play/Stop/Next

91.3 (NPR via FM)

NPR Now (via Sirius)

Listen (to text message)

Call XYZ: On Cell/At Home/At Work

Destination: Street Address/POI

Temperature X Degrees

That isn't very many to remember, especially if they are commands that you use all the time.

Here is a great one that I got during my Synch Session:  Show Vegetarian Restaurants

Really, the only time I have problems with recognition is for street addresses.  Other than that, I get quite good results.

The cool thing about 3.6 is the on-screen help makes it easy to learn the commands, and in no time, you'll have it memorized.