Plasti-Dip Smoke tint tailights

mtb9153

I have seen people use a product called Nightshades to do headlights, taillights, and reflectors. Didn't know you could do it with plasti-dip. 

Looks good....Heck the whole car is looking nice. :hat_tip:

I will be experimenting with it soon.

BTW ... I have heard of cops giving people tickets for darkening the taillights, and I'm in Texas. I am surprised California would allow it.

Edited by slampro

I have seen people use a product called Nightshades to do headlights, taillights, and reflectors. Didn't know you could do it with plasti-dip. 

Looks good....Heck the whole car is looking nice. :hat_tip:

I will be experimenting with it soon.

BTW ... I have heard of cops giving people tickets for darkening the taillights, and I'm in Texas. I am surprised California would allow it.

Well your probably right in this state, I'm sure I will get busted eventually.  I put tint mylar film on the windows of my Dodge Dakota pickup and got pulled over and received a fix-it.  I'm a gambler so see if I can get away with it.  I've seen others with tint on their tail lights locally.  Nice thing is Plasti-Dip peals right off if you need to remove it.

Edited by mtb9153

• 2 weeks later...

It serves no other purpose but to look stealthy.  And yes they can still be seen in both day and night only slightly muted or dimmer than before.  I've always thought the factory lights were too bright.  It is a mod which has become popular with the 30something crowd.  Guess I'm trying to be 30 years younger?  Street Racer look, black out everything that is too shiny, chrome or bright.  That's why I painted my wheels black with Plasti-Dip

Edited by mtb9153

It serves no other purpose but to look stealthy.  And yes they can still be seen in both day and night only slightly muted or dimmer than before.  I've always thought the factory lights were too bright.  It is a mod which has become popular with the 30something crowd.  Guess I'm trying to be 30 years younger?  Street Racer look, black out everything that is too shiny, chrome or bright.  That's why I painted my wheels black with Plasti-Dip

I have always wanted a Black on White car :D

I have always wanted a Black on White car :D

Go for it 11StiLimited, Its a matter of opinion but I think it looks pretty good on a Platinum White CMax.  Don't forget I Plasti-Diped the large grille opening all black never liked those chrome horizontal lines across the grille.  Also I Plasti-Diped the Hybrid logo's on both front doors as well as logo's on the tailgate.

Go for it 11StiLimited, Its a matter of opinion but I think it looks pretty good on a Platinum White CMax.  Don't forget I Plasti-Diped the large grille opening all black never liked those chrome horizontal lines across the grille.  Also I Plasti-Diped the Hybrid logo's on both front doors as well as logo's on the tailgate.

You also did something(painted?) to make your calipers red. It really makes the wheels pop. I like that look. :hat_tip:  :thumbsup:

Have been wondering if I should copy it, but I am not very handy, and well..yeah, let's just leave that right there. ;)

I know it peels off, and can be easy to use. But "whatever can go wrong".....I find a way to make that happen when I venture outside my specialties. I usually end up making more mistakes, and the end result is usually a bit "off".

Edited by slampro

You also did something(painted?) to make your calipers red. It really makes the wheels pop. I like that look. :hat_tip:  :thumbsup:

Have been wondering if I should copy it, but I am not very handy, and well..yeah, let's just leave that right there. ;)

I know it peels off, and can be easy to use. But "whatever can go wrong".....I find a way to make that happen when I venture outside my specialties. I usually end up making more mistakes, and the end result is usually a bit "off".

Actually the red calipers are a cover I bought from http://www.calipercovers.com/, great product but not without a price.  Definitely an improvement to the looks of the stock factory caliper.  You have to decide whether the look is right for your pocketbook?

I did all those already, as well (see my member's journal in my sig).

Wheels may get done next weekend, weather permitting.

Waiting on the tax man for the tint and headlight changes.