tehuti's first tank

tehuti

So I had my first fuelup on Sunday after about 8 days of driving the C-Max. In my old Malibu that would have probably been two fuelups! I signed up for Fuelly but I am using odometer readings so my stats won't show until next fillup. Here's my unscientifc calculation based upon my first week or so of driving.

Gallons: 11.34

Price/Gal: $3.959

Total Price: $37.68

Miles: 457 miles  (Odometer 471.9)

Fuel Economy: 40.3 mpg

Not too bad considering I didn't know what I was doing yet. Still getting the hang of driving for fuel economy. But that is my primary purpose for buying a hybrid, so I am doing okay so far. Anything above 40 mpg is a win for me, but I am determined to prove that I can get above the new quoted number of 43 mpg.

Edited by tehuti

Looking good!!!  My first tank was 38mpg. It was March when I got mine and was cold here in Ohio then.

In warm weather in Southern Cal. you should be getting real good mileage. Give it time to break in the ICE and cycle the batteries so they hold more charge.

Just remember Pulse and Glide Very important.

Second tank was not quite as good, and I am not sure why. However I finally got the latest updates, so that may have been a factor.

Gallons: 10.28

Price/Gal: $3.679

Total Price: $37.82

Miles: 383.6 miles

Fuel Economy: 37.2

BTW, how do I add my Fuelly numbers to my footer?

why such a big difference between the two miles?'

why not use your trip computer on the cmax to keep track of miles in between fill ups and use that number instead of the odo?? just reset that trip after the fill and start over for the next tank.

did you reset all the trips and avg computers first when you got the car so you are using your real data not the dealers and test drivers data info??

Miles: 457 miles  (Odometer 471.9)

put your starting and ending points of your daily commute into Google Earth and the check the elevation change between the two points (using the properties details for each GPS point on the map) and plot the side profile to see how it changes along the route. steep hills will hurt your mpg compared to flat roads.

why such a big difference between the two miles?'

why not use your trip computer on the cmax to keep track of miles in between fill ups and use that number instead of the odo?? just reset that trip after the fill and start over for the next tank.

did you reset all the trips and avg computers first when you got the car so you are using your real data not the dealers and test drivers data info??

The car had 14 miles on it when I bought it, so i deducted that from the total miles for my first tank.