Todays screenshot another 500mile tank and still going

mtb9153

Just curious, mtb9153,  do you re-set your avg mpg at each fill-up on your Trip 1 screen?  I re-set mine at each fill-up and re-set the trip odometer.  I am averaging higher avg mpg than you are showing here around 45 avg mpg, but I cannot seem to make it to that 500 mile tank.  I am now getting close to 10,000 miles on my Gray Lady.  

My Lifetime avg mpg I have not re-set since we brought the car home and it's at 42.1.

433trip_miles_zps4f81a473.jpg?t=13771443     31mi2E_zpsfe3061cf.jpg?t=1377144342

LizM, to answer your question yes when I refill I reset my trip 1 everytime..  I no longer have an accurate lifetime since I mistakenly reset it as well.  As for the odometer I'm not sure I know how to do that, doesn't it reset everytime the trip 1 is reset?

Just curious, mtb9153, do you re-set your avg mpg at each fill-up on your Trip 1 screen? I re-set mine at each fill-up and re-set the trip odometer. I am averaging higher avg mpg than you are showing here around 45 avg mpg, but I cannot seem to make it to that 500 mile tank. I am now getting close to 10,000 miles on my Gray Lady.

My Lifetime avg mpg I have not re-set since we brought the car home and it's at 42.1.

LizM, I just remembered that I always reset my fuel history at fillup which reflects on the main empower screen which I use most of the time. However the tank I just bought on Thursday I did not reset the fuel history since it was showing a decent number 43.3 which I stayed true to for the last week, and is a first for my CMax since the upgrade and adding my GasPods. Normally when I do reset the fuel history the numbers start to increase within a few miles as the computer relearns. Just about always in short order I achieved numbers reaching 45, 48, and beyond into the mid 50's, but they never stayed that high. They always fell back into low 40's and before the last software upgrade my numbers would fall below 39 and usually stay below 40 for the rest of the tank. Until I was able to maintain 40 or better, I never could reach a 500 mile tank. I wish you much success in reaching that lofty goal. I think to date I've had a tank as high as 560_something. That is my personal best. Edited by mtb9153

• 4 weeks later...

I'm closing in on 600+

Wanted to share pics of today's screenshots, but I can't attach them to this thread.  I get a message saying you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community which makes no sense since it is a jpg.  Has worked many times before, what gives? 

Edited by mtb9153