Hi from the Midwest

KansasCMAX

Hi everyone - this is an awesome forum.  My family (wife, 4-year old and 4-month old sons, and me) just purchased a 2013 C-Max SEL with about 19,000 miles.  I have been waiting for the Big 3 to come out with a hybrid really worth driving and the C-Max is that vehicle.  We traded-in a 2011 Lincoln MKX, due to the pathetic fuel economy.  What sold me on the C-Max was the spacious cabin, elevated driving position, and the fact that you can own a hybrid that still has some of the must-have features.  The fold-flat seats are also handy for additional cargo storage.  My wife has a 2010 Nissan Altima Hybrid, but I hate driving it because it is so dull.  Anyway...happy to be a part of this great community and love getting those stares from people trying to figure out what I'm driving! 

Edited by KansasCMAX

Welcome KansasCMAX glad to have you with us.  I agree with your remarks about what attracted you to the CMax.  The thing I really noticed on a recent road trip on the pacific coast highway 1 is how well the steering responses to quick left/right maneuvering through tight turns like I encountered following the California coastline on my way to cross the Golden Gate Bridge.  The car handled very well and when I had to stab the brakes to cut down some speed, the car handled it very well.  Despite the weight factor of the CMax.  No I think my CMax will be with me for a long time.  About the only thing I can foresee is upgrading to a future CMax if designs are improved to my liking.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Kansas C-Max!  Best of luck & welcome. 

Love your line: "What sold me on the C-Max was the spacious cabin, elevated driving position, and the fact that you can own a hybrid that still has some of the must-have features."

Nick

Living in a city, I love that it puts out exhaust only half the time (or less) - the air we breath matters! 

Edited by C-MaxSea