Monroe County MI

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for other C-max vehicles near where I live in Monroe MI (a rural community about an hour south of Detroit MI, and just north of Toledo OH).  I've had mine for about 6 weeks now, and I see a lot of people in store parking lots checking it out.  A few have asked what kind of mileage I get and the obvious "Do you like it?" questions.  I keep getting fooled thinking that new Escapes are C-maxes, but realize as they get close that they are not.

Yesterday, while driving around town I spotted a white C-max heading in the opposite direction from me!  I flashed my lights and gave the driver a thumbs up out of my window.  She beeped and returned the thumbs up.

Not 5 minutes later, on a different road ... a grey C-max heading the other way.  Again I flashed the lights and gave a thumbs up out of the window - but only got a look like I was insane from the other driver.

When I used to have my VW New Beetle, there was a "community greeting" among the drivers - we would flash our lights at each other.  We need to develop a C-max community greeting - I'm hoping the thumbs up will catch on!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen only a few around here. I actually parked next to one once, didn't see the driver though. One day I passed one on the way home, was an old lady driving lol

Over the summer I took my Maxine to my little corner of Michigan, didn't see a single other one in over 3,000 miles of driving.

I've seen only a few around here. I actually parked next to one once, didn't see the driver though. One day I passed one on the way home, was an old lady driving lol

Over the summer I took my Maxine to my little corner of Michigan, didn't see a single other one in over 3,000 miles of driving.

What's your little corner of MI?