Too bad most of you are American

Laurel

It's not often that we Canadians have a show that all of you in the States can't watch.  Tonight my favourite Sunday night show is back on.  It's called The Battle of the Blades.  It is rough tough hockey players paired up with well known figure skaters.  Over a period of a couple of months the rough tough hockey players, many of whom have never had on figure skates, almost turn into pro figure skating pairs.  It is comical at times, and overall just fascinating.  In two months those clumsy macho guys are wearing sequins and boogying and spinning those girls over their heads. It is not without it risks--the odd cheek slashed with a skate and pretty girl dropped on her head.  It might be hokey to you all, but I love it LOL.  Maybe some of you who live along the Canadian border pick it up?  Heartland is my other Sunday night favourite.  Horses, pretty girls, and crusty old grandpa.  Oh I wish for the good old days.

Battle of the Blades has been on for 4 years, and I think my favourite hockey player partner was Val Bure and he skated with Katia Gordeeva.  Beautiful performance.  I know Carrie Underwood is married to a Canadian hockey player who plays for Nashville.  We Canadians are hockey obsessed LOL.  Here is a a clip of Val and Katia  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiVRmufh4U

Edited by Laurel

Sounds like our Dancing With The Stars that has football player/stars learn to dance but yours is set to an ice theme.   Sorry I wouldn't watch either but that's just me.

No,no fotomoto it is not at all like Dancing With the Stars which I think is kind of stuffy and phony.  Battle of the Blades has much more humour and is such a low budget amateur show in comparison.  It is so filled with fun and the outlandish things that these tough hockey players say.  You never know what to expect and never know when you are going to burst out laughing.  But granted it is not a show for everyone.  If you don't watch figure skating competition or hockey you probably wouldn't like it.