Please Help Cmax Energy Question

reinekeford

I have a 2013 Ford Cmax Energy just picked it up and i'm wondering how the system works with the 12 volt battery that would start the gas engine, meaning if I run the vehicle in EV mode only what happens to the 12 volt battery? Such as is it getting charged at all or will the gas engine kick on to charge it. For instance if my 12 volt battery has a low state of charge and i'm driving the vehicle in EV mode when its cold out and my 12 volt battery contines to lose charge in the cold what happens when it needs to start the gas engine. Sorry for all the questions I'm just curious

Anytime the car is on (ready mode), the 12V battery is being charged.  The only times it isn't is when the car is in accessory mode or off.

Congrats on your new car! :happy feet:    There is also a cmax forum specifically for energi specific topics:  http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com but we can handle any general cmax questions you have.